( NAN) The Police Command in the Federal Capital Territory ( FCT) said it had arrested eight suspects in connection with the death of Esther Okah.
Okah was stabbed to death on Sunday by an assailant at CBN junction, Ungwan Cement, Karimo, on her way home after an outing with friends at Gwarimpa.
A statement by Deputy Spokesman of the command, ASP Danjuma Gajere, on Thursday in Abuja, said that the suspects were helping the police to unravel the killers.
Gajere said that investigation into the incident was ongoing and the suspects would be arraigned in court at the conclusion of the investigation.
He said that the Commissioner of Police in the FCT, Adamu Ciroma, had reassured the public of the command’s commitment to checkmating crimes and criminalities.
According to him, Ciroma urged members of the public to continue supporting the police with useful information.
- Nasarawa Speaker hails Gov Sule’s victory at Appeal Court
- Stakeholders to converge on Abuja for UHC Nov. 13 – Sen Oloriegbe
- Minister says sanitation crisis if allowed may undermine SDG 2030
- Former U.S. president Jimmy Carter recovering after surgery
- Unity Colleges: Federal Ministry of Education calls on principals to step up leadership roles
- FCT board to begin 10 days measles, Meningitis `A’ vaccination on Nov. 16
- Macron right on EU membership rules, says North Macedonian president
- S. Africa ready for e-visa system to attract more tourists
- Uganda’s Magala talks tough as Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship gets underway in Abuja
- Lagos Government pledges patronage of local boat manufacturers
- Minister harps on evolving science, technologies to improve innovations
- Police task hoteliers on security measures during Yuletide
- I will recover Bayelsa’s looted funds if voted –DPC governorship candidate
- Borno bans illegal motor parks to curb crimes
- Hundreds of traders protest demolition of Ikosi/Isheri market in Lagos
- INEC ready for Kogi,Bayelsa poll says Chairman
- Progressive governance involves provision of education, jobs, healthcare – Osinbajo
- Minimum wage: Labour tasks legislature on implementation in Kwara
- Ondo State Govt. to partner with NGOs on sports development
- 200 naval officers commence small arms firing training exercise