Police arrest 9 suspected political thugs in Bauchi
Bauchi, March, 12, 2019 The Police Command in Bauchi has arrested nine suspected political thugs terrorising the state capital.
The state’s Police Public Relations’ Officer (PPRO) DSP Kamal Datti disclosed this while parading the suspects in Bauchi on Tuesday.
“Yesterday at 9 p.m., the police was informed that some suspected thugs were terrorising the people of Bakaro area of the metropolis then we swung into action.
“They were arrested to curtailed further escalation of their dreaded acts in the state,” he said.
Datti said items recovered from the suspects include cutlasses, axe and knife.
According to him, the suspects are under interrogation which would provide clue and information for further arrest.
The PPRO assured that the command is always ready to provide security for protection of lives and property in the state.
“We are committed to sustaining the tempo in the fight against thuggery and other violent crimes in the state,” he said.
- Konta in good spirits day after health scare at Top Seed Open
- Four-goal Shakhtar Donetsk set up Europa League semi-final against Inter Milan
- Bauchi Govt. partners UNESCO on mobile learning for school children
- Sevilla reach Europa League semi-finals as Wolves pay for penalty kick miss
- Zamfara security c’tee denies resignation of members
- Police arrest 3 for allegedly robbing fishermen of N1.6m in Lagos
- New Zealand city of Auckland prepares for lockdown as mystery COVID cases emerge
- IPAC wants INEC to adjust timetable for Ondo, Edo polls
- Gov. Wike dissolves Task Force on Illegal Street Trading, Motor Parks
- Akeredolu admonishes governors to support community policing