The Edo Police Command on Friday disclosed that it had arrested no fewer than 143 suspects from August till date.
The State Commissioner for Police, Mr Mohammed DanMallam disclosed this in Benin while briefing newsmen on the achievements of the command.
DanMallam said that those arrested included one murder suspect who on Sept. 10 allegedly murdered a woman and her two children over land issue at Iguadolor a suburb of the state capital.
He also said others arrested included 12 suspected kidnappers, 36 robbery suspects, 94 suspected cultists, and one suspect for abduction/defilement.
He also disclosed that within the period, 12 kidnap victims were rescued.
The commissioner added that within the period, 20 vehicles were recovered from suspects, while seven arms, 76 ammunition and cartridges as well as five phones were recovered.
He explained that the achievements were recorded in line with the Inspector General of Police Mohammed Adamu’s directive to beef up security in their various command and formations.
He stressed that this was to ensure the security of lives and property in the state.
Edited by Abiemwense Moru/Ismail Abdulaziz
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism