The Police Command in Enugu State on Wednesday confirmed the release of Rev. Fr. Arinze Madu, the Vice-Rector, Queen of Apostles Spiritual Year Seminary, Imezi-Owa in Ezeagu Local Government Area.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Ebere Amaraizu, gave confirmed the priest’s release in Enugu on Wednesday to the Nigeria News Agency .
Madu was abducted on Monday at about 5:30 p.m. at the gate of the seminary by unknown persons.
Amaraizu said: “Yes, he has been released unhurt. However, we are still trailing his abductors.
“We are also working on something concerning tracking down the perpetrators of this dastardly act.’’
Also, the Catholic Diocese of Enugu on its official Facebook page confirmed the release of the priest, stating that: “Father Madu, the kidnapped priest of the Catholic Diocese of Enugu has been released.”
It added that Madu “was released this (Wednesday) afternoon from the kidnapper’s den’’.
Edited by Chukwudi Ekezie
- Trump’s campaign feasts on Harris’ past criticisms of Biden
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 423 new cases in Nigeria
- Konta in good spirits day after health scare at Top Seed Open
- Four-goal Shakhtar Donetsk set up Europa League semi-final against Inter Milan
- Bauchi Govt. partners UNESCO on mobile learning for school children
- Sevilla reach Europa League semi-finals as Wolves pay for penalty kick miss
- Zamfara security c’tee denies resignation of members
- Police arrest 3 for allegedly robbing fishermen of N1.6m in Lagos
- New Zealand city of Auckland prepares for lockdown as mystery COVID cases emerge
- IPAC wants INEC to adjust timetable for Ondo, Edo polls