Police in Delta arrest notorious robbery suspect
The Acting Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Delta Command, ASP Chucks Orisewezie, disclosed this in a statement on Thursday in Warri.
Orisewezie said Efe, a 32-year-old ex-soldier, was apprehended by a team of policemen on Feb 21.
The police spokesman said the suspect was apprehended on Sapele-Benin road in a Toyota Corolla car with fake registration number, PBT 214 AA.
“The suspect with the exhibit was transferred to the State Intelligence and Investigation Department, Police Headquarters, Asaba, where a thorough investigation was conducted on him.
“During the investigation, the suspect confessed to the crime and admitted being a member of a syndicate.
“He was later discovered to be an ex-soldier who deserted the army as a sergeant
“However, the original plate number of the stolen vehicle which is WWR 121 AA was later recovered from the stolen vehicle,” he said.
Orisewezie also said the same security team intercepted another Toyota Corolla car with fake registration number: KMK 129 AE driven by Julius Osagba on Monday.
“A thorough investigation by the intelligence officers at Asaba, led the suspect to confess to the crime.
“The suspect, confessed that the registration number on the vehicle was fake and that he had thrown the original plate number into the sea,” he said.
Orisewezie, however, warned criminals to steer clear Delta, saying that the command would use every legal security apparatus to bring criminals to justice.
He, however, said that the suspects would appear in court after the completion of investigations.
The Divisional Police Officer, Tobi Debakeme, said the anti-robbery team acted on intelligence and confronted the robbery gang where they were robbing some residents.
Debakeme said two of the gang members escaped with bullet wounds during a gun battle with the police, adding that the police would do everything possible to bring them to book.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA