Warri (Delta), June 11, 2019 The Police in Delta on Tuesday warned all criminal elements to steer clear of Warri and its environs.
Commander of the Warri Area Command, Mohammed Garba, an ACP, gave the warning when he led some police officers on a courtesy visit to the Secretariat of the Correspondents’ Chapel of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) in Delta.
Garba, who described himself as a “seasoned and sound operational police officer,” said he held series of meetings with leaders of intentional communities in Warri and advised there elderly figures to caution their children.
“I was deployed as Area Commander to Warri last three weeks and the first set of people I talked to was the Hausa community.
“I told the leaders to warn their children, if they have guns in their possession they should submit them to the authority, or else the law will take its course.
“I also warned them that if any of them is caught with a gun, he will be prosecuted accordingly.
“I will also send letters to other communities in my jurisdiction and visit them to ensure sanity returns fully in Warri and environs,” he said.
The police boss, who said he was familiar with the Niger Delta terrain, particularly the one in Delta, solicited the support and cooperation of the media to enable him to effectively execute his strategies.
Garba recalled how he was able to restore sanity to Warri many years ago.
“As a sound operational police officer, I could remember how we patrol from Warri to Agbor.
“I carried out patrol every night and I worked with the press to succeed,” he said.
He urged officers and men to perform their duties in a professional manner, warning that anyone caught violating the rights of the citizens would be dealt with accordingly.
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business