The Police Command in Ebonyi says it has begun investigations of alleged sexual exploitation of a 20-year-old woman in Abakaliki by a yet to be identified woman.
Odah said that the International Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA), Ebonyi Chapter, facilitated the rescue of the victim, Miss Chinasa Chukwu, and her 2-year-old son.
Odah said that the victim was brought to Kpirikpiri Police Division in Abakaliki, having been allegedly exploited sexually by her aunt, a suspect who is now at large.
“Investigation is still ongoing in the division and I have confirmed that the girl was brought to the division by FIDA,” Odah said.
“We got a report on May 20, on a case of sexual exploitation.
“We were told that a young girl was kept in a rented apartment by a woman, whom the victim identified as her aunt.
“We were also informed that the woman always sent in two to three men in a day to have sex with Chukwu while she watched and get paid at the end of the act.
“So, when we heard about this, we got there immediately on May 21, to rescue the victim from bondage,” Chima said.
She further stated that FIDA in collaboration with the United Nations was committed to ensuring that rights of women and children were protected in the state.
She promised to update the media as the development unfolded.
The victim, Miss Chukwu, while narrating her ordeal at the state ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development, alleged that her aunt always claimed that the money gotten from the act would be used to pay for her training.
The 20-years-old victim from Akaeze in Ivo Local Government Area of the state is currently pregnant and has a 2-year-old son.
“My aunt always brought two to three men each day to have sex with me in a rented apartment she got for me while she watched the act,” Chukwu said.
Meanwhile, a Hairstylist, Mrs Chizoba Okemiri, who enrolled Chukwu as an apprentice in her salon, alleged that the victim was subjected to a brutal sexual trade and exploitation by her aunt.
Okemiri, who corroborated the incident, noted that the victim’s aunt had allegedly continued to arrange both married and young men to sleep with Chukwu in her rented apartment.
She said that the victim revealed that her aunt had threatened to discipline her for disclosing her activities.
“Chinasa was brought to me on Easter day by her mother, aunt and aunt’s friend for the enrollment.
“After the bargaining for her training, her mother pleaded that she would be coming to the salon with her son because she might not cope with the child and her job.
“Another apprentice in my shop had reported to me that men always visited the victim which I discovered and tried to stop her from seeing them.
“When I confronted the victim about the men, she revealed that it was her aunt who arranged for those men.
“When the visit persisted, I called her mum and aunt to confirm the development, but the aunt told me that I will get to know why they visit her, one day.
“I became uncomfortable and had to report the matter to a staff of Nigeria Television Authority (NTA), who now facilitated her rescue,” Okemiri said.
Edited By: Kamal Tayo Oropo/Maureen Atuonwu (NAN)
- Buhari felicitates with UNILAG VC, Prof. Ogundipe at 60
- Gov. Mohammed sacks director over alleged financial scam
- COVID-19: NGO sensitises Taraba residents on personal hygiene, use of face masks
- Body commends Kaduna for social register dev’t
- I am battling a gang-up, says Bauchi governor
- Anniversary: Nasarawa community hails Sule’s administration on security, projects
- Tennis’ world number 11 undergoes surgery on both ankles
- Navy reaches out to households in Ogun community
- Law enforcement training institute to train officers on use of body camera
- S. Korea’s daily COVID-19 tally drops below 40 amid push to contain cluster infection
- Competitive sports in England get green light for Monday restart
- COVID-19: Federal Poly produces hand washing and sanitiding machines
- AFAN cautions members against adulterated fertilizers purchase
- More soldiers to patrol Minneapolis as unrest takes hold nationwide
- Air India Delhi-Moscow plane called back as pilot found COVID-19 positive
- Bauchi Gov. mourns ex-NNPC GMD, Baru
- Experts call for inclusive slums upgrade in Lagos,other cities
- COVID-19: Police Area Commander donates N400,000 worth food items, PPE, to officers wives in Warri
- MAN reports unsold inventory of N420bn
- LCCI seeks regional collaboration on agriculture