A statement signed by DSP Chidi Nwabuzor, spokesperson of the Police Command in the state, said that the suspect was arrested last Tuesday following the receipt of credible intelligence.
Nwabuzor said that the 37-year-old suspect was on a mission to kill a victim (names withheld) before his arrest.
He also said that on his arrest, the suspect was immediately searched during which two guns were found on him.
He further explained that the suspect was thereafter taken to the State Criminal Investigation Department for further interrogation where he made useful statements and confessed to the killing of 38 persons.
Nwabuzor said that a further search was carried out at the suspect’s residence, where a double barrel gun was recovered.
The spokesman, however, said that the state’s Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed DanMallam, had directed further investigation into the case.
He appealed to law abiding citizens of the state to go about their normal businesses.
He quoted DanMallam as warning criminal elements in the state to submit themselves to the police or vacate the state or face the consequences.
According to Nwabuzor, the commissioner warned that under his watch, the command is ready to flush out criminals or bring them to justice through due process.
- South African Airways cancels almost all flights for Friday, Saturday
- 2 men in court over alleged unlawful possession of cartridges
- Nigerian Armed Forces shine at international sports
- 2 years since arrest, Cambodian journalists await spying verdict
- Exiled Cambodian opposition leader arrives Indonesia
- Italian police seize over a tonne of cocaine in banana container
- Kogi elections: Group urges politicians to eschew violence, hate speech
- 17 injured in blasts at south-eastern Turkey Ammunition depot
- Philippines deports 312 Chinese nationals for telecom fraud
- Indian court delays ruling on ban on women entering Hindu temple
- Health Training Initiative increases accreditation status, academic performance – Registrar
- Oil rises after OPEC’s Barkindo says U.S. shale growth may slow in 2020
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business