at about 3.21 p.m., police operatives attached to Azia Police Station arrested one Christian Alisigwe ‘m’ aged 35 years of Ihite Azia in Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra.
“The suspect allegedly used a cutlass and killed his own four-year-old biological son named Ebubechukwu Alisigwe of the same address and buried the corpse in a shallow grave in his compound.
“Police detectives visited the scene, exhumed the corpse and deposited same at Abam motuary for autopsy after he was certified dead by a medical doctor.”
According to him, the case has been transferred to the state Criminal Investigation Department, Awka, for discreet investigation after which the suspect would be prosecuted.
Edited By: Nick Nicholas/Hadiza Mohammed-Aliyu (NAN)
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings
- Oyo govt. to spend N5.5bn to remodel Salami Stadium
- Resurgence of COVID-19 on health workers worrisome — Minister
- NGO empowers 40 rehabilitated youths in Kwara