The Commissioner of Police in Kogi, Mr Ede Ayuba, has ordered detectives to go after armed hoodlums that launched a violent attack on facilities at the Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja.
Ayuba, who gave the order on Wednesday during a visit to the centre to assess the extent of damage, said that the perpetrators believed to be sponsored political thugs would not go unpunished.
A statement issued by the Spokesman of the Police Command in the state, DSP Aya Williams, said the commissioner had directed his deputy in charge of the Criminal Investigation Depratment to head the team of investigators.
He assured the staff of the hospital of the readiness of the police to guarantee the safety of their lives and property.
Ayuba enjoined members of the public to go about their lawful activities and supply any information that could lead to the arrest of the fleeing suspects. ( NAN)
Edited By: Abdullahi Yusuf (NAN)
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse