Kano State Police Command on Thursday said it arrested no fewer than 50 suspects for various criminal activities across the state in the last three weeks.
The command’s Public Relations Officer, DSP Abdullahi Haruna, disclosed this while briefing newsmen in Kano.
He said that the suspects were apprehended in connection with armed robbery, rape, attempted homicide, car theft and other offences.
Haruna said that 33 rape cases were recorded during the period, adding that 25 of them had been charged to court and eight cases still being investigated.
He disclosed that on Sunday, four suspected armed robbers were arrested with one Pump Action rifle, one Baretta pistol and one locally-made pistol.
Also recovered, according to him, were one English-made pistol, seven rounds of 9mm live ammunition, 15 rounds of live cartridges and three sharp knives.
The spokesman added that four suspects were also arrested for car theft, and 25 others for unlawful possession of dangerous weapons and fire arms.
He said that all the suspects confessed to committing the crimes.
- FRSC pledges to enforce rules to curtail road traffic crashes
- Turkey says U.S. agrees to take IS fighter stranded on Greece border
- Dasukigate: EFCC to seek order of court for separate trial for Dauski, co- defendants
- Kidnapped Immigration officers’ recount ordeal, thank Navy
- Idiroko FRSC inaugurates new building to enhance service delivery
- Austrian army dog handler mauled to death by Belgian Shepherds
- Show more interest in cassava cultivation, expert advises farmers
- Livestock transformation policy will boost economic growth-Presidency
- Gov. Obaseki swears in new Health Commissioner
- Police arraign 3 men for allegedly stealing $5,000 from an Egyptian
- Cambodian leader orders release of opposition activists
- Oshodi/Isolo LG begins palliative works on community roads
- Trader in court for allegedly defrauding accommodation seeker
- Applicant docked for allegedly assaulting tricycle driver
- Bayelsa Guber Poll: Court nullifies APC primaries, restrains INEC
- Sokoto Assembly passes Bill on balanced budget, effective resource utilisation
- Lawmaker enrols 165 orphans to schools in Zamfara
- DSS says will release Sowore to appropriate persons
- Britain will not name EU commissioner ahead of election – Official
- Why projects are abandoned — Don