Police nab suspected killer of Traditional ruler, 17 others for kidnapping, armed robbery
Abuja, April 28, 2019 ( NNN ) The Nigeria Police Force said it had arrested Abubakar Ibrahim, 37, the suspected killer of late Traditional ruler of Adara chiefdom, Maiwada Galadima of Kajuru Local Government Area of Kaduna state.
Galadima was abducted and murdered by his abductors in October 2018, after being held captive for days.
Other suspects arrested are: Johnson Okafor, 44, Shaibu Iliyasu , 20, Ishaik Dabo,38, Mohammed Nasiru, 25, Aminu Haruna, 25, Shafiu Gudau,25, Auwalu Hamisu,24,Ado Ya’u, 35, Ibrahim Yusuf, 30, Ibrahim Audu, 22, Salisu Ajah, 50, Magaji Abubakar, 27, Salisu Ali, 18, among others.
A statement by the Force spokesperson, Frank Mba, a Deputy Commissioner of Police on Sunday in Abuja, said that Ibrahim was arrested on April 15 at Rigachikun in Igabi Local Government of Kaduna State.
He said the suspect confessed to the kidnapping and murder of the traditional ruler of Adara and other kidnappings and murders.
Mba said the arrest of other suspects followed the arrest of the “Spiritual Father” of kidnappers and armed bandits operating in the Northern part of the country, Mallam Salisu Abubakar.
He said items recovered from the suspects were: 22 AK 47 riffles, five locally fabricated pistols and a cache of live ammunition.
He said the combined team of the Intelligence Response Team (IRT) and Tactical Intelligence Unit (TIU) of the police arrested the suspects at different locations and times in Kaduna, Katsina, Niger and Kogi states.
He said the suspects have been into some of the most heinous crimes committed in Kaduna State and its environs in recent times.
The spokesman said the arrested gang members were also linked to kidnapping and murder of Mallam Yakubu Usman, 40, of Jere Local Government Area of Kaduna State and many other crimes.
He said the suspects were currently in custody, assisting the ongoing investigations.
Mba said that the suspects belong to different criminal gangs but their operations were centrally coordinated by their spiritual god father, Abubakar.
He said efforts were currently being intensified to arrest other gang members still at large, and recover all weapons in the gangs’ armory.
Mba quoted the Inspector General of Police, Mr Mohammed Adamu, as re-assuring that the police would not rest on its oars until kidnapping and other crimes were subdued.
- FG assures qualified teachers of good welfare, incentives
- Buhari mourns Evangelist Reinhard Bonnke
- Salome Abuh, PDP woman leader burnt to death, buried amid tears
- NAN correspondent gets accolades for sponsoring soccer tournament
- ECOWAS Presidents to meet on single currency regime Dec. 21
- FGGC Yola old students seek unity among children
- FEATURE: Gender-Based Violence: Do men suffer same?
- Nasarawa grassroots sports: Ezhiba defeat Alashe in competition organised by NAN Correspondent
- SWOFON commends women farmers’ successes in spite of challenges
- New Ondo IPAC chairman promises to build trust among members
- Education remains potent weapon to reduce unemployment -Buhari
- LG poll: ADSIEC Chairman expresses concern over low turnout of voters
- Experts outline ways to fund Nigeria’s infrastructure deficit through capital market
- Minister tasks Nigerians on regular exercise for healthy living
- Nollywood: Audition for ‘A Call to Service’, pro-NYSC scheme movie debuts in FCT
- Tallen gives N250, 000 cash prize to best UniJos graduating female students, to support 200 indigent ones with N4m
- Christmas: Enugu residents opt for de-stoned local rice as price of imported variant soars
- Xmas : SWAN donates cloths, food, celebrates with orphans
- Fair approach to governance sure guarantee for democratic stability – Gov. Tambuwal
- Ex-Chief of Army staff urges women, girls to acquire skills
- 981 Kogi teachers write professional exam
- Lagos-Ibadan rail project: NASS Joint C’ttee inspects, expresses satisfaction
- Provost hails Buhari for support to Ebonyi Federal Agric College
- NAN Correspondent organises unity football competition to boost unity in Nasarawa state
- Buhari condoles with UAE president over brother’s death
- Nigeria retains 95,000 slots for pilgrims in 2020 hajj – NAHCON
- NGO treks 3km to create awareness against sexual violence, women trafficking
- Residents of Ajeromi-Ifelodun LGA commend Nigeria Navy, Pakistan Navy medical collaboration
- Ajanaku, a great politician, democrat – Buhari
- Ekiti LG poll witnesses low turnout
- Buratai inaugurates multi-million Naira projects in Depot, NMS
- Christmas Carol: Naval officers,NOWA pray for Nigeria, leadership, Armed Forces
- Anambra Sports Development Commission tasks public on regular exercise
- Lack of synergy responsible for Nigeria’s loss at IMO council election – operators
- Gov. Abiodun appoints Chokor Head of Service
- NTIC students donate Christmas gifts to sick children at LASUTH
- RIFAN recovers N35m CBN ABP loan in Niger
- Lekki residents protest against proposed location of 5-storey school building in residential estate
- Lawmaker urges waste managers to ensure cleaner Lagos
- Army conducts free medical outreach in 3 Enugu communities
- Wabote lists benefits of NLNG Train 7
- Group seeks participation of more women in farming
- Aguleri community builds unity centre worth N150m
- Eye centre performs 900 operations in 12 months
- Transport strikes continue in France amid fresh lorry blockades
- IPPIS: NECA urges FG, ASUU to initiate industrial relations process to resolve disagreement
- Former head of state, Abdulsalami underscores importance of traditional institutions
- UniJos graduates 11, 431 students, 74 first class, 97 PhDs
- Institute concludes environmental impact survey of Lagos, makes recommendations
- Sowore: Rights commission urges law enforcement officials to respect law