The Anambra State Police Command said it had arrested a suspected armed robber who specialised in stealing tricycles.
Mr Haruna Mohammed, the State Police Public Relations Officer, on Thursday said the suspect, who was beaten to a pulp by mob, was rescued and arrested after he allegedly robbed one Agbaka Basil of his tricycle at gunpoint.
“On Feb. 26 at about 9:15 p.m following a distress call, police operatives attached to the Command Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) arrested one Ndubuisi Chibuike, 21, of Nenwe, Enugu State at Eke Awka Market area.
“Exhibits recovered from the suspect includes one Makrov pistol with six life ammunition and the robbed tricycle,” the police spokesman said in a statement.
He added that the suspect was taken to a hospital for medical attention and would be charged to court after investigations had been concluded.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Tajudeen Atitebi
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: We appreciate your concern, Kwara constituents tell Olawuyi
- Coronavirus – Cameroon: Active search for suspected COVID-19 cases
- Coronavirus – Cameroon: Radio announcement (27 March 2020)
- NUJ wants safety kits, palliatives for journalists over COVID-19
- Coronavirus – Sierra Leone: COVID-19 Status Update Saturday, 28th March 2020
- Map of African countries with COVID-19 cases (28 March 2020 – 9am EAT)
- COVID-19: Buhari maintains social distancing as he receives updates from Health Minister
- Abia CP confirms arrest of 3 suspected kidnappers in Obingwa
- COVID-19: WHO recommends appropriate use of PPE for health workers
- Coronavirus: South Africa has 1170 confirmed cases (27 March)