The Police Command in Kaduna State on Saturday said that 61 cattle suspected to be rustled had been recovered at Kwanar Ugara on the Buruku Kaduna Road in Chikum Local Government Area of the state.
The State Commissioner of Police, Malam Ahmad Abdurrahaman told newsmen in Kaduna on Saturday, that a police patrol team on Feb. 27 sighted the herd of cattle without a shepherd and suspected they might have been stolen.
He said “Hence the police intercepted and took the animals to Buruku Divisional Headquarters.
“The command therefore wishes to inform members of the public whose cattle may have been stolen, rustled in the state to come to the command with proof of ownership for possible identification.”
Abdurrahaman also said that on Feb.19, the 453 Base Service Group, Nigerian Air Force, Kaduna, handed over 57 livestock that were recovered on Feb. 12.
He said the animals recovered from suspected bandits comprised 44 cattle and 13 sheep .
“Out of the 57 livestock, 17 cows have been identified by seven owners who have satisfied legal requirements, ‘’ he said.
The CP assured Kaduna residents of the command’s commitment to rid the state of any form of criminality and protect lives and properties.
“I urge you for useful information so as to take proactive measures against criminals in our midst,’’ Abdurrahaman said..(NNN)
Edited by Bayo Sekoni/Julius Toba-Jegede
- Nigeria records 389 new cases of COVID-19, highest daily figure ever, NCDC says
- New Zealand job numbers fall sharply
- Libya reports highest daily increase in COVID-19 cases
- New Zealand confirms no new case of COVID-19 for 6 consecutive days
- S.Korean president’s approval rating stays high at 61.5 pct: poll
- Australian authorities baffled over death of 30-year-old man with COVID-19
- News Corp Australia announces shutdown of over 100 print titles in major digital shift
- Armed man shot dead by police on busy Australian freeway
- S.Korea cuts interest rate to new record low of 0.50 pct over COVID-19
- S.Korea cuts interest rate to all-time low of 0.50 pct over COVID-19
- APEC senior officials hold virtual discussions on cooperation for economic recovery from COVID-19
- Russia postpones SCO, BRICS summits amid COVID-19 pandemic
- S.Korea reports 79 more COVID-19 cases, 11,344 in total
- African swine fever costs Asia between 55 bln and 130 bln U.S. dollars: ADB experts
- S.Korea’s c.bank slashes 2020 economic growth outlook to 0.2 pct contraction
- Rwandan commercial motorists required to go cashless to curb COVID-19 spread
- S. Korea’s corporate bond sale logs double-digit fall in April
- Tokyo stocks open higher on Wall Street’s solid overnight lead
- 1st LD Writethru: S.Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct
- S. Korea cuts interest rate by 25 basis points to 0.50 pct