The police in Kogi said that one of the JAMB staff kidnapped on Kabba – Lokoja in road last Sunday had been rescued.
He said that the incident was first reported as armed robbery to the police which immediately embarked on a hot chase for the kidnappers and the victims.
Aya said it was in the process that the abandoned victim who claimed to be JAMB staff was found in the late hours of Sunday
The police spokesman said that the number of those kidnapped can not be ascertained for now, saying that the figure of six victims being bandied by the media may not be correct.
He said that the man rescued was still in hospital receiving treatment, saying that the police had not been able to obtain any information from him.
Aya said that the private car in which the victims were travelling is now in custody, adding that police were intensifying efforts to rescue the remaining people unhurt.
Edited By: Wale Ojetimi
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: Plateau United urges fans to adhere to government’s directives
- Senate President felicitates with Tinubu at 68
- COVID-19 : Gov. Ganduje flags off fumigation of public places
- Military neutralises several terrorists, destroys their logistics facilities in Sambisa forest
- COVID – 19 : Adamawa Govt dismisses curfew rumor
- COVID-19: C/River bans religious gatherings of more than 5 persons
- COVID-19: NACA tasks persons living with HIV/AIDS on healthy lifestyle
- COVID-19: Taraba Water Corporation to increase water supply to homes
- COVID-19: Media firm distributes sanitisers, soaps to Garki village residents
- COVID-19: Clinical psychologist says holistic approach needed in prevention, treatment