Lafia, March 11, 2019. The police command in Nasarawa State has confirmed the murder of a young man, Idris Musa, by suspected political thugs on election day in Akwanga Local Government area of the state, saying it will commence investigation into the incident.
ASP Samaila Usman, the Public Relations Officer of the command confirmed the development in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria in Lafia on Monday.
Usman said that preliminary investigation indicated that the incident was as a result of election violence by some suspected thugs which took place at Aricha village in the LGA on Saturday around 4pm.
He confirmed that police operatives later visited the venuet, evacuated the corpse to a mortuary at the General Hospital in Akwanga and commenced investigations to unravel those behind the heinous crime.
“On receiving the information on the incident from the village of Arichia that the boy was killed by some suspected thugs, police went to the scene and evacuated the corpse.
“We have commenced investigations so as to arrest the person that committed the heinous crime. The boy is Idris Bashayi Musa,” he said.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy