The Police Command in Nasarawa State has vowed that it will fish out the killers of Mr Amos Obere, the District Head of Odu Village in Nasarawa Local Government Area.
Obere was murdered by unknown gunmen on Friday.
Nansel Ramhan, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, made the vow while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria on Sunday in Lafia.
According to him, the command will not rest on its oars until the killers were identified, arrested and prosecuted.
He said investigation to unravel the circumstances and those behind the attack had since commenced.
Ramhan also urged members of the public to supply the police with useful information that would aid the arrest of the perpetrators of the crime.
The police spokesperson said that the force received information about the attack on Friday at about 10pm.
“Upon the receipt of the information, a detachment of police personnel comprising Special Anti Robbery Squad, Police Mobile Force, personnel of Operation Puff Adder and Vigilante led by the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) raced to the scene and discovered that the victim was shot.
“He was rushed to the hospital but died while receiving treatment at the General Hospital, Mararaba Udege,” he said.
Obere, until his demise, was the district head of Odu Village in Udege Development Area of Nasarawa Local Government. .
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/Mufutau Ojo) (NAN)
- Kogi acting CJ pledges to sustain late Ajanah’s legacies
- Abia stakeholders pass vote of no confidence in Rep. Nkole over alleged poor performance
- Edo election: Security council condemns violence – Obaseki, CP
- PDP governors’ forum urges security agencies to re-strategise to curb insecurity
- Commissioner decries parents’ attitude over students lateness to schools in Delta
- GLEIF reaffirms CSCS as sole local operating unit
- Buhari greets Labour Minister, Chris Ngige at 68
- Women groups rally support for Obaseki, Speaker in Edo
- Kano traffic agency bans long vehicles from offloading goods during the day
- Flood destroys 110 houses in Zamfara