The Yobe States Police Command on Wednesday promised to provide maximum security to all National Youths Service Corps (NYSC) members in the state.
Mr Yahaya Abubakar, the State Commissioner of Police, stated this when he paid a courtesy visit to the NYSC Yobe State Coordinator in Damaturu.
Abubakar said the police was committed to the safety of the corps members nationwide.
Abubakar, represented by Deputy Commissioner of Police, Millar Dantawaye, said the police would continue to be vigilant on all corps members locations.
he said that the action followed a recent robbery attack in one of the corps lodge in Bayelsa.
According to him, the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu gave the directive to all state police commands in the country.
The commissioner, therefore, requested the state coordinator to provide details of all corps members’ locations to enable his men keep surveillance to ensure safety of their lives and property.
In her remarks, Mrs Grace Adzer, the NYSC Yobe state coordinator, thanked the Police for the gesture.
Adzer also applauded the police for always identifying with the NYSC in time of need and promised to supply all the details as requested.
Edited By: Edwin Nwachukwu/Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Dollar holds firm as United States bond yields jump
- Buhari, Governors call for joint strategy to end conflicts
- High Court convicts pirates in hijack of vessel -Navy
- Trump’s campaign feasts on Harris’ past criticisms of Biden
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 423 new cases in Nigeria
- Konta in good spirits day after health scare at Top Seed Open
- Four-goal Shakhtar Donetsk set up Europa League semi-final against Inter Milan
- Bauchi Govt. partners UNESCO on mobile learning for school children
- Sevilla reach Europa League semi-finals as Wolves pay for penalty kick miss
- Zamfara security c’tee denies resignation of members