Ebere Amaraizu, a sports committee member of Police Zone 9, has expressed optimism that athletes from the zone would spring surprises at the Inspector-General of Police’s Taekwondo Open Championships.
Amaraizu, who is also the Sports Officer of Enugu State Police Command, made the disclosure in an interview with NAN in Enugu on Wednesday.
He noted that the Enugu State Police Command would present taekwondo athletes that would join others from other state police commands under Zone 9 for the competition.
According to him, the likes of Amanze Godstime, Collins Ogegu and Ekwerike Frankline from Enugu State Police Command will join their counterparts from the zone to win laurels.
“The taekwondo athletes from the zone have been in an intensive training for over three weeks now.
“‘We need to remain focused and continue to work hard at all times to ensure that we get as many medals as possible in the championships.
“Presently, the athletes are in high spirit to make a great statement in this competition but we are not underrating anyone,’’ he said.
Amaraizu, who is also the Chairman, Enugu State Taekwondo Association, urged the athletes to imbibe the spirit of good sportsmanship which, he said, Zone 9 was noted for.
- Pakistan’s opposition to ramp up protests to force out PM Imran Khan
- Global oil demand growth to slow from 2025 – IEA
- Tokyo 2020: Olympic Eagles bounce back to reckoning
- Sabre researcher says tourism revenue in Africa Could Increase by 27%
- Police rescue another boy kidnapped in Kano, arrest 3 suspects
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Zimbabwe banks start dispensing new bank notes
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies