Pope gives popemobile tour of St Peter’s Square to migrant children
The children toured St Peter’s Square with the Pope in his white open-topped jeep, ahead of Francis’ weekly audience with the faithful.
After the audience, the children gave the Pope a giant red heart-shaped banner with their signatures and the message: “Thank you Pope Francis.’’
Vatican spokesman Alessandro Gisotti tweeted a picture of it.
“Some of the children were flown to Italy in late April via a `humanitarian corridor’ backed by the Italian Interior Ministry.
“Others arrived via migrant boat a few months ago,’’ Gisotti said in a separate statement.
Gisotti said that the children from Syria, Nigeria and Congo, are being hosted in a Catholic shelter near Rome and looked after by a private charity.
- YYA sues for peace in Ondo Assembly, condoles with Ogun over Kashamu
- Ilorin communities appeal to Gov. AbdulRazaq over damaged culvert
- NPFL 2019/2020 season: Rivers United still insisting they finished second, not third
- Imo Assembly restates commitment to local production through effective legislation
- CAN President urges FG to overhaul security apparatus
- Osun: Police dismiss inspector for allegedly brutalising tailor, causing death
- Nimet predicts cloudy, thundery weather activities Monday to Wednesday
- Sanwo-Olu gives hospital’s management 7-day ultimatum to remove trucks, containers
- FG supports Imo farmers with 20,000 cocoa seedlings, other improved seeds
- COVID-19: Low attendance, strict compliance greet church re-opening in Lagos