Enugu, March 13, 2019 The Southern Nigeria People Mandate (SNPM), a Non-Governmental Organisation, has hailed President Muhammadu Buhari on his plan to probe the 16 billion-dollar investment in the power sector by past administrations.
The project spanned through the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo.
The President of SNPM, Mr Augustine Chukwudum, in a statement in Enugu on Wednesday also called on Buhari to probe 20 billion dollars allegedly misappropriated by former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration when Emir Lamido Sanusi of Kano was governor of Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
He alleged that Sanusi was removed from office because he raised the alarm concerning how 20 billion dollars was moved by the administration.
“We want President Muhammadu Buhari to march his word with action because during 20l5 and 20l9 campaigns, he promised to fight corruption.
“Nigerians will not be happy with him if he fails to probe and recover these monies,’’ he said.
According to him, these monies totalling 36 billion dollars, if recovered by the government will prove to Nigerians that there is no sacred cow.
“This time, Buhari’s administration must prove to the world that he is serious in fight against corruption.
“SNPM demands that Buhari should use every power within him as president to recover all these monies; while anybody culpable must be punished.
“Let every right thinking Nigerian support Buhari on this wonderful plan,’’ Chukwudum said.
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault
- Reps call for policies to facilitate investments in gold mining
- NGO tasks communities on intercultural, interreligious harmony