President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of Mr Shadrach Haruna as the new Secretary of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA).
This was contained in a statement by the NDLEA Head of public affairs, Mr Jonah Achema, and made available to Nigeria News Agency in Abuja on Monday.
He said that Haruna replaced Mrs Roli George whose tenure expired in June 2018.
Achema said that the secretary is the head of Secretariat of the charged with the responsibility of administrative duties, keeping the books, setting agenda and implementing decisions.
“The appointments take immediate effect,” he said.
Achema said that Haruna was an accomplished national and international legal practitioner, adding that he was the former Federal Counsel and a prosecutor with the Federal Ministry of Justice.
He said that until his appointment, Haruna was a criminal justice expert and legal adviser in the Commonwealth Secretariat, London. (NAN)
Edited by Saidu Adamu/Ismail Abdulaziz
Watch Live News
- Easter Celebrations: Bauchi governor urges Christians to imbibe qualities of Christ
- Dangote assures Nigerians, Africans of victory in fight against coronavirus
- Global oil market to witness 14.7 mb/d excess supply in Q2 – Barkindo
- COVID-19 worsening gender inequality — UN Chief
- 67 Osun returnees to remain in Lagos quarantine for 2 weeks — Commissioner
- Ojukwu Varsity teaching hospital trains staff on COVID-19 handling
- Lassa Fever: NCDC deploys health workers to hospitals in Edo, Ondo
- Easter: Gov. Wike relaxes restrictions on religious gatherings
- Coronavirus: Nigeria diplomatic missions abroad still discharge essential duties – FG
- COVID-19: Gov. Mohammed of Bauchi State tests negative