Malam Garba Shehu, the President’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, in a statement in Abuja on Saturday night, said Buhari made his feelings known in a message to the families and friends of the victims at their funeral on Saturday.
Nine of the youths being buried were killed following a dispute between members of the brigade and a security operative while on a procession to mark Easter.
Buhari said that his heart was filled with the pain that the families of the victims were facing as they buried these promising youngsters.
He, however, urged them to be consoled by the fact the “entire nation is with you as experience this sad, indescribable loss.
”May the Almighty God comfort you at this difficult time”.
The presidential aide also quoted the President as expressing shock over the reported tensions in the state capital which had led to the imposition of a curfew by the local authorities.
Buhari, therefore, directed ”security agencies in the state to ensure that vigilance is maintained”.
- Gambari appeals to govt. to provide enabling environment for affordable housing
- Ugandan Nakalembe wins opening round at Nigeria Ladies Open Golf Championship
- Imo NDLEA confirms arrest of alleged notorious drug dealer
- Multiple accident claims 13 lives on Lagos-Ibadan expressway
- APC NWC upholds suspension of Edo party’s chairman
- I will be most excited person if I win 2021 AFCON for Nigeria, Rohr says
- Don tasks FG on production of West Africa Dwarf goat
- Medical doctors urged to draw line between profession ethics and business
- Buhari meets Pearson Educational Group mgt. in London
- Chemical engineers call for policies to promote smart agricultural value chain
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study