The President, in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Malam Garba Shehu, in Abuja on Thursday, lamented that Nigeria had lost “an advocate of peace”.
He described the late 81-year-old first class traditional ruler and retired policeman as a person devoted to the improvement of the welfare of people in his domain.
The president further observed that the late traditional ruler was committed not only to the peace, unity and development of his domain and State, but also the entire country.
He enjoined the family of the royal father, friends, associates and the people of Taraba to take solace in the knowledge that the monarch lived an exemplary life which deserved to be emulated.
The president acknowledged that the late traditional ruler was a businessman, founding member of the Social Democratic Party and one of the respected leaders in old Gongola State before he went home following the creation of Taraba State.
He prayed Almighty God to comfort those mourning the departed and grant his soul rest.
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy
- Obaseki felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- Anglican Bishop counsels Nigeria leaders on good governance
- Ex-Minister, Tam David-West dies at 83
- Don wants students examine on use of standard English