APC Deputy National Publicity Secretary, Mr Yekini Nabena, said this in a statement in Abuja on Friday.
Nabena was reacting to a statement by the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Mr Uche Secondus, asking President Muhammadu Buhari to resign.
Secondus premised his call on insecurity and rising allegation of corruption.
Nabena, however, said: “Under the focused and sincere leadership of President Muhammadu Buhari, we are already delivering on key electoral promises of securing the nation, fighting corruption and improving the economy and livelihoods.
“We only reiterate that the PDP stays quiet while the President Muhammadu Buhari administration clear the rot they foisted on the country.
“Nigeria deserves a vibrant, purposeful and credible opposition not the laughing stock we have been subjected to in the name of the opposition PDP.
“It is well within the rights of PDP members to abandon a rudderless and sinking ship for the progressive fold. Going by the popular axiom: Why fly like a hen when you can soar like an Eagle?.
“We are particularly gladdened by the return of the former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara to the APC,” Nabena said.
= = = = =
Edited By: Ismail Abdulaziz (NAN)
- Sumo wrestler’s retirement offer rejected in spite of breaking COVID-19 rules
- Court remands man for allegedly defiling 13-year-old
- Quail meat, an antidote for hypertension-Scientist
- Russia’s coronavirus vaccine undergoes final testing phase
- DPR seals 8 stations over unsafe practice in Akwa Ibom
- Malaysia’s ex-finance minister hit with kickback charge, wife arrested
- Alleged rape: Court remands man pending legal advice
- Africa’s COVID-19 cases hit 1m, with South Africa worst-hit
- LASG directs JSS 3 students to resume Monday
- FG to encourage more private/public partnership to boost domestic gas