The National Bureau of Statistics (NBS), said the average cost of refilling a five kilogramme (kg) cylinder of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Cooking Gas) dropped to N2,046.53 in April from N2,064.45 recorded in March.
The bureau said this in its “Liquefied Petroleum Gas (Cooking Gas) Price Watch’’ for April released on its website.
The NBS said the price of refilling a five kg cylinder of cooking gas dropped by -0.87 per cent month-on-month and -0.57 per cent year-on-year in the period under review.
According to the bureau, states with the highest average price for the refilling of a five kg cylinder of cooking gas are Bauchi (N2,513.33), Adamawa (N2,375.00), and Borno (N2,362.50).
It named states with the lowest average price for the refilling of a five kg cylinder of cooking gas to include Osun (N1,766.66), Oyo (N1,790.38), and Kaduna (N1,800.00).
Similarly, the NBS said the average price for the refilling of a 12.5 kg cylinder of cooking gas increased to N4,523.91 in April from N4,4259.48 in March.
It said the price for the refilling of a 12 kg cylinder of cooking gas decreased by -0.13 per cent month-on-month and -0.35 per cent year-on-year in the period under review.
According to the NBS, states with the highest average price for the refilling of a 12.5 kg cylinder of cooking gas are Cross River (N4,813.64), Akwa Ibom (N4,720.00), and Abia (N4,691.67).
It said states with the lowest average price for the refilling of a 12.5 kg cylinder of cooking gas are Kano (N3,809.72), Adamawa (N4,000.00), and Niger (N4,000.00).
The NBS said field work was done solely by more than 700 of its staff in all states of the federation, supported by supervisors who were monitored by internal and external observers.
It said the various prices were collected across all the 774 local governments across all states and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), from more than 10,000 respondents and locations.
The NBS said its audit team subsequently conducted randomly selected verification of prices recorded.
- Traditional leader says vigilance groups key to effective security
- KWSG assures traditional rulers of better welfare
- WAEC: Kano Govt sets up 12 examination centres for boarding students
- Tokyo Olympics: Non-contact sports to resume training in PH – Minister
- Amotekun commander solicits Ondo monarchs’, residents’ support
- Actualising Life’s dreams entails strong determination, says Nollywood actor
- National gas transportation network code to go-live Monday — Official
- Mauritius declares state of emergency on environment after oil spill
- United States imposes sanctions on Central African rebel leader
- Lebanese judge orders detention of top officials after port blast