Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex and The Duchess, Meghan have formally presented their new-born baby boy to the public.
The elated new parents said they were enjoying the “magic” of parenthood as they offered the world the first glimpse of their newborn son on Wednesday.
They, however, have not revealed the baby’s name. News Agency of Nigeria recalls that Prince Harry had earlier noted that he and Meghan are still deliberating on a befitting name.
Speaking to the public as Prince Harry cradled their son, Meghan said, “It’s magic, it’s pretty amazing.
“I have the two best guys in the world so I’m really happy. He has the sweetest temperament, he’s really calm … he’s just been the dream,” she said.
“I don’t know where he gets that from,” Harry joked. “Parenting is amazing. But we’re just so thrilled to have our own bundle of joy and to spend precious time with him as he slowly, slowly starts to grow up,” he added.
Asked which family member the baby most resembles, the couple said they were still trying to figure that out.
“His looks are changing every single day. He’s already got a bit of facial hair!” Harry said.
The couple were due to introduce the baby to Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip later Wednesday.
The baby was born at 5:26 a.m. Monday, with Harry at his wife’s side. He weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
Meghan’s mother, Doria Ragland, spent time with the couple at their home after the birth.
On Monday, Harry told the press that he and Meghan were still mulling over the name.
“The baby’s a little bit overdue, so we’ve had a little bit of time to think about it, but that’s the next bit,” he added.
The newest member of the royal family is seventh in line to the throne, and Queen Elizabeth II’s eighth great-grandchild. He is not expected to have a royal title.
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum
- Adamawa APC rejects LG election results
- Restriction of Journalists covering Imo assembly activities, a dangerous precedent—Union