Enugu State Government has assured Nigerian Army of its continuous partnership in ensuring safety of lives and property in the state.
Ugwuanyi, who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Prof. Simon Ortuanya, noted that the army had given “great support’’ to the state in its quest to ensure that the state remained the safest in the country.
“Today marks a milestone in the history of the Nigerian army.
“This event clearly portrays readiness of the Nigerian army to defend the territorial integrity of the country as well as handle internal security duties professionally.
“As a government, we will continuously partner with the Nigerian army to ensure that our state and our people remain safe and secured,’’ he said.
The governor lauded the General Officer Commanding the Division for a successful competition.
In an address, the GOC of the Division, Maj.-Gen. Abubakar Maikobi, lauded the troops of the participating formations for their discipline during the competition.
Maikobi urged the troops that did well to keep the flag flying; while those that had deficiencies to strive to improve on their performance.
“The division will continue on the part of the vision of the Chief of Army Staff meant to professionalise the army in all ramifications.
“The division is grateful to Enugu state government for its support so far as well as being present in this closing ceremony,’’ he said.
The 13 Brigade, Calabar, came second; 82 Division Garrison got third position and 14 Brigade, Ohafia came fourth; thus, going home with the wooden spoon.
Major Sobor Beke, Team Leader of 34 Brigade, Owerri, attributed the success of the f brigade in the competition to discipline and resilience of officers and soldiers.
- Ebonyi NOA, UNICEF move to raise awareness on safe practices for healthy living
- 2019 INAC: Ogun woos visitors to explore tourism assets
- Centre trains Armory managers from 15 countries to curtail arms proliferation
- Gridlock: Lagos Assembly asks Sanwo-Olu to focus on scheduled maintenance
- KDSG urges religious leaders to spread messages of peace
- Lagos House of Assembly approves N250bn loan for capital projects
- AFRIMA- Stakeholders urge artistes to utilise digital platforms for distribution
- Artist drums up support for the Art sector
- Experts call for private sector participation in health security
- Ogun govt. advocates modern teaching techniques for special schools
- A.Y partners Chinese firm to produce new movie `30 days’
- NAN Acting MD tasks staff on commitment “in spite of financial challenges”
- Plateau: NPC launches 2018 NDHS report
- Chris Brown welcomes second child with girlfriend
- ENSG targets 1m children in immunisation plus days
- Resign, aggrieved APC NEC members tell Oshiomhole
- INAC 2019: Culture agency provides free skills training
- Friendly environment: Minister urges public-private sector collaboration
- Why God’s ways remain unpredictable, incomprehensible – Don
- Air Chief pleased with maintenance progress on Alpha Jets In NAF Base
- EU tasks AU on solidarity, unity for AfCFTA to succeed
- Town Hall meeting stakeholders advocate interface reps
- Webber donates N9m sports facilities to alma mater
- Lawmaker lays foundation for block of six classrooms in Badagry
- Kwara Govt. tasks new NURTW executives on peace, unity
- Customs Comptroller-General to sack officers living above earnings
- NIS begins E-passport, biometric visa issuance in Japan
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court