Alhaji Mai-Mala Buni, gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Yobe, has tasked electorate in the state to prove their voting strength in next Saturday’s Governorship and State Assembly elections.
Speaking at a rally in Yunusari, Yobe, Buni said a repeat of the feat attained during the last presidential election when people of the state trooped out to vote for APC , would convince those in doubt about the high level of political awareness of the electorate and their love for APC..
“As heroes of democracy, the people of Yobe state defied all threats by insurgents and trooped out to vote for President Muhammadu Buhari and members of the National Assembly.
“We have a duty to prove our votes in the governorship election, that we are a politically conscious state, ” said Buni, who is the immediate-past National Secretary of the APC.
He assured the people of continuity and consolidation of the achievements recorded by the Gov. Ibrahim Gaidam administration .
“We will consolidate the achievements in healthcare delivery, road construction, education, economic empowerment, prompt payment of salaries, gratuities and pension,” he pledged.
Also speaking at the occasion, Alhaji Goni Modu, Nigeria’s Ambassador to Lebanon, said the governorship election provided another opportunity for the people of the state to prove to ‘ doubting Thomases’ that the votes that poured in for President Buhari in the state during the presidential election,were real.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy