Academic activities has fully taken up in Public primary and secondary schools in Kaduna metropolis following school’s resumption for Second Term Academic Session.
A correspondent of the Nigeria News Agency who monitored teachers and student’s turnout on Monday reports that, while teachers were fully on ground, only few pupils and student’s turned out for classes.
At Local Government Education Authority (LGEA) Primary School Mahuta, 35 teachers were on ground as at 8 a.m. with some of them already in their classes, teaching very few students that turned up.
At LGEA Unguwan Maichibi Primary School, Television, 51 teachers were seen, including 25 N-Power teachers, with academic activities taking place.
The story was the same at Government Senior and Junior Secondary Schools Kakuri, and Government Junior Secondary School Independence Way, Kaduna, where teachers were seen busy in their classes.
NAN reports that the Ministry of Education had earlier announced Sunday January 12 as resumption date for boarding schools and January 13 for all day schools.
The commissioner, Dr Shehu Makarfi had assured pupils, students, parents and other stakeholders that lesson would commence fully on Monday.
He urged parents to send their children to school, adding that failure to do so would attract sanctions.
Edited by: Ifeyinwa Okonkwo/Maharazu Ahmed
- Insecurity: CSOs call FG to intensify effort to allow farmers access farmlands
- COVID 19: Foundation begins online medical intervention
- COVID-19: PTF reverts govt working hours to 8a.m. to 4p.m. for GL 12 upward
- NIPC boss considers Shoprite strategic investment in Nigeria
- UNDP, EU want strong legislation to end rape, violence against women
- Buhari sympathises with Lebanon over massive explosions
- Post-COVID-19: Feed miller urges youths to embrace agribusiness for sustainability to embrace agribusiness for sustainability
- COVID-19: United States lifts global travel advisory
- Prof. Sule, Plateau SUBEB boss, gets fresh tenure
- SSANU, NASU threaten strike over unresolved issues with FG