Parading the suspects before newsmen on Wednesday in Lokoja, the state police Commissioner, Mr Hakeem Busari, said that the suspects were arrested at different times in some parts of the state.
He said that six of them were suspected kidnappers operating in Nasarawa and Kogi States.
Two of them, according to Busari, were arrested for kidnapping a seven-year-old boy at Odo Ape community in Kogi State.
He said that the suspects kept their victim for nine days and had come out to pick up the ransom of N1 million from the parents when they were arrested.
Busari said that four other suspected kidnappers were arrested following a tip off.
He also said that two other suspects were arrested for threatening the Chairman of Ankpa Local Government Area.
The commissioner said that a suspected Boko Haram member was arrested in Okene based on information received from the Edo Police Command .
According to him, three other persons were arrested for armed robbery in Ganaja area of Lokoja on May 3.
He said that the gang specialised in robbing motorcycles and killing or grievously injuring their victims.
Busari said that two Bahajaj motorcyles were recovered from the suspects.
The commissioner also said two persons were arrested for entering Ajaokuta Steel Complex allegedly to steal.
He said that three rifles ,including two pump action guns and a locally made pistol were recovered from the kidnappers and robbery suspects.
Also recovered were live cartridges, charms and wraps of Indian hemp.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy