Queen Ogunwusi urges parents to instil godliness in children
Queen Naomi Ogunwusi Wife of the Ooni of Ife at the 2019 maiden Musical Festival and Award Night organised by the Caleb Group of schools and University on Saturday in Lagos
Lagos, Dec . 2,2019 Queen Naomi Ogunwusi, Wife of Ooni of Ife, has urged Nigerian parents to instill Godliness in their children to promote a healthier society, aside education.
Ogunwusi said this in an interview with the Nigeria News Agency on the sidelines of the 2019 maiden Musical Festival and Award Night organised by the Caleb Group of Schools and University, with the theme: Joyful Tidings in Lagos.
She said that the knowledge of God was the best legacy a parent could give a child
“Parents should train their children in the way of the Lord to promote a sane society.
“A child can have masters, PhD or even professor, but if he or she has no knowledge of God, it is stupidity.
“Make sure you enroll your children in schools that would add godliness to their education,” she said.
Ogunwusi, however, stated that music should be encouraged in schools because it is a form of communication.
She said that since education requires communication to be effective, music was also important to promote it.
The Queen also charged Caleb group of schools to continue to organise and promote similar event for the children who are the leaders of tomorrow.
According to her, the musical festival organised by the school was laudable and a huge success, which should be emulated by other schools.
NAN reports that over 8000 spectators attended the concert which featured renowned artistes as: Tope Alabi, Sinach, Ayan Jesu, Nathaniel Bassey, Beejay Sax,Folake Umosen and Oyindamola Adejumo.
The school also gave award to 70 recipients which, included dignitaries, parents, staff and students of the school.
Among the recipients are ; Yakubu Gowon, Gov. Dapo Abiodun of Ogun state, Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, Queen Naomi Ogunwusi, Dr Ogbonnaya Onu, Mr Babatunde Fashola, Minister of Works and Housing , Pastor Foluke, Adeboye, Mr Tunde Lemo, Chairman ,FERMA, among others.
Edited /Wale Ojetimi
- Nigeria, Brazil strengthen ties to boost economy, counter insecurity
- Gov. Matawalle warns mischief makers
- NJ Ayuk’s book Billions at Play: The Future of African Energy and Doing Deals now available in Spanish
- FMC Yenagoa marks 20th anniversary with free medical outreach for host community
- Anambra: Ojukwu varsity inducts 47 doctors, as Obiasor carts home 12 awards
- NNPC set to take measures to curb oil theft
- Gov. Ishaku tasks state governments on Human Rights promotion
- International Human Rights Day: U.S. Consulate urges empowerment of local leaders empowerment to protect citizens rights
- National security: Air Chief assures best training for NAF personnel
- Abuse: Create platforms for students to rate lecturers anonymously- Gender Activist
- DMO clarifies Nigeria’s external debt
- 35 land grabbing cases pending in Lagos courts – attorney-general
- LSFVCB arrests 30 sellers of pirated films
- Don calls for integration of orature into universities curriculum
- Lagos courts to go digital in 2020 — AG
- Anchor Borrowers:CBN tasks cotton farmers on prompt repayment of agric loans
- ICMPD to train 500 teacher-trainers on mainstreaming trafficking in persons into NCE
- College of Insurance partners international organisations to boost status
- Hate speech: NBC urges FG to promote news literacy, professional journalism
- Improve capacity building in medical image analysis, computer vision- Expert
- Jigawa, Kaduna, Delta tops 2018 states budget transparency – Report
- Swedish envoy urges strategic action, awareness creation against gender-based violence
- N80 bn budget for 23 Kaduna LGAs scales 2nd reading
- Nigeria supports global efforts on elimination of Nuclear weapons
- Yuletide: Stop using fake, substandard tyres to avoid road crashes- Olagunju
- NDLEA destroys 11,669 kg of illicit drugs worth N1.65bn in Nasarawa
- British Council presents development grants to women groups in Adamawa
- UN wants Somali youth to promote human rights protection for stability
- Institute solicits FG’s support to provide detailed survey, soil resources mapping
- Boris Johnson under fire as health survey finds many die in emergency wait
- 4 Brigade Troops arrest 5 for suspected murder, armed robbery
- Russian separatists in Ukraine signal support for peace deal
- Minister expresses concern over human trafficking
- Experts advocate mental health therapy for GBV victims
- Yuletide: Oyeyemi warns transport unions against overloading, speeding
- Israel reaffirms commitment to partnering Nigeria on agric technology, entrepreneurship devt
- Promote rule of law over self interest, Oyo Speaker urges lawyers
- Berlin declares emergency in climate
- Emir of Karaye lauds NMA over contribution to community health
- Nigeria Immigration Service Deputy CG, Anene, retires
- SWAN commends Gov. Abdulrazaq over baseball park renovation
- Germany working on defense system to protect airports from drones
- Buhari calls for multilateral approach to combat terrorism
- NECO: EFCC arrests vice-principal, 2 others over exam malpractice in Ilorin
- No reprieve for Hungary in EU grilling over rule of law concerns
- Without convergence, single currency will be catastrophic – ECOWAS Commission President
- Forgive me, Fayose begs aggrieved PDP members
- $22.7 loan request meant for infrastructure- FG
- A’Ibom 2020 budget: Group says N4bn for education “too paltry”
- Katsina state govt. establishes 5 new irrigation schemes