The Cheif Imam of Oore Olohun Mosque, Ilorin, Alhaji Isiaka Ahmed has advised Muslims to be committed during the fasting period and not to show off.
Ahmed gave the advice in Ilorin on Thursday while speaking with the News Agency of Nigeria .
He said Ramadan period is the best time for muslims to concentrate on moving close to Allah and seek for blessings.
” It is time to make special request, to call on Almighty Allah with pure heart. Time to sacrifice pleasure for observation of prayer and fasting.
” Holy month is not meant for show off for people to see, it is not for you to impress people, rather it is for you to show commitment to Almighty Allah.
” Do the right thing at the right time and seek for forgiveness in the month. It is not time to broadcast yourself for people to commend you,” said Ahmed.
The Cheif Imam described Ramadan as a month of opportunities filled with blessings, favour and grace for every Muslim.
The cleric called on Muslims to utilise the Holy month to their advantage by harnessing its spiritual opportunities, and as well pray for the good of Nigeria.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy