The Jigawa State Hisbah Board, says it has distributed clothes and 36 bags of assorted grains to 502 orphans in Kazure Local Government Area of the state.
The Hisbah Commander, Mallam Ibrahim Dahiru, told the News Agency of Nigeria in Dutse on Tuesday that the donation was aimed at alleviating the suffering of the less privileged in the society.
Dahiru explained that the beneficiaries were selected from 11 wards of the council.
He added that the gesture was one of the board’s ways of reaching out to the needy.
The commander further revealed that a philanthropist, Alhaji Wasi’u Danawwa, donated 90 pieces of wrappers for onward distribution to the beneficiaries.
The commander, who lauded the philanthropist for the gesture, urged other wealthy and spirited individuals to emulate him.
According to him, the board will continue to assist the needy and the less privileged in the state.
- Tanker drivers start strike Monday as talks with LASG end in deadlock
- NCDC confirms 437 new COVID-19 case, total of infection hits 46,577
- Apapa will open to traffic in October — LASG
- Halep to decide on United States Open after Prague event
- Gov. Fayemi mourns ex-Ekiti lawmaker, Fakiyesi
- Vettel says Ferrari messed up with nonsensical strategy
- Ekiti Govt paying lip service to healthcare delivery, say striking doctors
- Resumption: Academy wants COVID-19 protocol funds released directly to schools
- Willian confirms exit from Chelsea after 7 years
- Anglican Bishop urges govts to save SMEs from collapse