The Rangers International FC management has given its players and officials two weeks break after the club’s ouster from the Nigeria Professional Football League(NPFL) and the Aiteo Cup in the round of 32.
At the gathering, Owumi thanked all the players and coaches for their efforts in the concluded season.
The astute football administrator described the performance of the team as great even when he agreed that much would have been done.
The spokesperson quoted the chairman l saying that “let me start by thanking you for the efforts you put in the ended season. Surely, we would have loved to be the champions of the league.
“Besides, I would have loved it if we defended our Aiteo Cup trophy but God knows why it ended this way.
“As we embark on this two weeks break, I urge us to have the needed rest and come back with vigour to challenge on all fronts.”
The general manager said that getting back to the continent was a good feeling but the club’s target at the start of the season was to win the league.
He assured the club’s supporters that there would be no room for errors in the coming season on all fronts, adding that it would be a trophy-laden season.
The club spokesperson said the players are expected back in Enugu in the second week of July when their screening for the new season would commence.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA