The National Commission for Refugees, Migrants and Internally Displaced Persons (NCFRMI), says it plans to distribute food items, clothes, learning materials, agricultural facilities and palliatives in 11 states.
NCFRMI Federal Commissioner, Sen. Basheer Mohammed disclosed this in a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr Sadiq Abdullateef, on Sunday in Abuja.
Mohammed listed the states to include Kwara, Adamawa, Borno, Yobe, Taraba, Cross Rivers, Sokoto, Kaduna, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa and Plateau.
NCFRMI Head of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) Hajiya Fatima Daura said that the gesture was in line with the commission’s mandate of ensuring continuous welfare for persons of concern in the country.
Daura said that the commission was totally concern about the plight of displaced persons in the country especially during the rain season.
She said that the commission would continue to provide the neccessary facilities and amenities for the persons of concern to ensure a safer and better living condition.
Head of Refugees unit of the commission, Mr Dahiru Bagiwa said that, since the appointment of the commissioner, he had embarked on an aspiring task of making life better for persons of concern.
“The commission is planning to build the first NCFRMI Resettlement City Development Project in several states so as to relocate the country’s 2.4 million displaced persons with the support of the president and the ministry.
“We will continue to support the persons of concern in provision of care and maintenance services as well as special interventions as the needs arise,” he added.
- Kwara Commissioner urges students to adopt Physiotherapy as career
- Hundreds of sea lions to be killed in effort to save endangered fish
- ‘Historic humiliation’: Spanish media flay Barca after Bayern debacle
- Bayern Munich’s massacre: Ebonyi soccer fans view Messi, Barcelona’s end
- Kwara Commissioner rewards ad hoc staff for commitment to duty
- Prominent Lagos politician Lanre Rasak dies at 74
- Edo 2020: Ize-Iyamu distances self, APC from Etsako-West violence
- Lagos-Ibadan rail: Crowd cheers Amaechi, Mohammed as duo ride on new trains
- Fight over United States Postal Service underscores challenges it faces
- Israel describes UN rejection of Iran arms embargo as ‘disgrace’