The local government chairmen were elected for two years during the last administration, but were later suspended last year by the immediate past assembly in the state over alleged misappropriation of funds.
However, based on a petition by the chairmen, the current legislature under the Speakership of Mr Funminiyi Afuye ordered their reinstatement, while others were recommended for prosecution by the State Attorney General.
A visit to some of the council secretariats by NAN revealed that none of chairmen was in office.
Some of the affected chairmen told NAN that they were still waiting for directive from Gov. Kayode Fayemi, while one said she was currently out of the country.
However, the Coordinating Directors in charge of councils were seen on duty against the pronouncement of the House.
- Nigerians seek tougher actions against corruption
- Gov. Matawalle reassures Zamfara citizens of his commitment to security
- Kogi: FCT minister drums support for Bello
- Super Eagles ‘ll grow into AFCON qualifiers, says Akanni
- Obaseki has failed Edo people, says PDP
- Makinde appoints Ex-Rep. Ogunwuyi DG, Investments, PPP Agency
- ZMSG to resuscitate 5 abandoned ginneries—-Gov. Matawalle
- PDP rejects hate speech bill
- Businessman arraigned over alleged importation of 13 containers of substandard cables
- International GIS Day: Expert calls for GIS inculcation in STEM study
- FG, Harvestplus, task Nigerians on making nutrition daily business
- Gov. Bello of Niger appoints SUBEB chairman, members
- Gov. Akeredu dissolves Task Force on Farmers Registration
- Israel, Germany to set up aging research centre
- Gov. Akeredolu appoints Atere as SSA on women affairs
- Retired Police Officers want 13 months pension released, special gratuity at 300% increase
- Gov. Bello appoints Abubakar as new MD of NIGROMA
- Reps. urge JAMB to extend compulsory use of NIN till 2021
- FEC ratifies bill for domestication of international convention against doping
- Reps. C’ttee frowns as NCS fails to appear on allegations of extra judicial killings