Both clubs left it late for penalty kicks to decide their fate in the 2018/2019 NWPL Relegation Playoffs on Wednesday at the Moshood Abiola National Stadium in Abuja.
Invincible Angels of Gboko lost 2-4, also on penalty kicks, to Dream Stars FC of Lagos after a 1-1 draw.
The quartet finished bottom in their various groups in the abridged league.
They needed playoffs to decide which two clubs remain in the league and the other two to be relegated to the Nigeria Women Professional League.
Meanwhile, the first match saw the Osogbo-based club and the Kaduna team produce a rather boring first half encounter.
But the second half began with two goals in quick succession in a bid to make amends.
The Osun team who appeared to be under pressure was rewarded for their many efforts to unsettle their opponents defence.
Winifred Eyebhoria was brought down inside the penalty box in the 49th minute and earned a penalty kick in her favour.
Teammate Sarah Iloduba Sarah converted from the spot three minutes later to earn her side the lead.
Efforts from both sides to claim the maximum three points in the game proved abortive as penalty kicks shootout was needed to settle the scores.
The teams also mourned the death of two players with Police Machine of Uyo who were involved in a car accident on Tuesday.
They wore black armbands and observed a minute silence for the departed players.
(Edited by Dianabasi Effiong and Olawale Alabi)
- Air operation aims to degrade Boko Haram -CAS
- Army says video of Boko Haram killing of soldiers fabrication of IPOB
- Committee to restructure Jigawa Golden Stars FC inaugurated
- Use National Health Act to fast track UHC, Anthropologist tells FG
- Pensioners beg FG over speedy payment of N20b arrears
- Passenger slumps, dies at Lagos airport
- Kaduna govt offers digital skills training to 360 youth
- NYSC to review collaboration with NHIS on healthcare of corps members
- FG investigating Sowore-DSS incident – Malami
- Obasanjo hails Gov. El-Rufai’s pan-Nigeria character
- Buhari congratulates Maryam Uwais at 60
- Bingham varsity commences post-graduate programme in communication
- FEC approves portal for import duty exemptions, N40bn for road projects
- Expect more road repairs in 2020, lawmaker tells Lagosians
- Food System Vision 2050 Prize: UNILAG group engages stakeholders across value-chains
- 2020: All Africans can come to Nigeria without visa – Babandede
- Buhari condemns killing of 67 soldiers in Niger Republic
- Shell takes free eyecare services to host community in Bayelsa
- Nasarawa to provide schools with water, sanitation facilities
- SDGs: Quality, inclusive education my priority – Gov. Sule
- States can’t withdraw from minimum wage agreement, law binding to all — NLC
- U.S. to provide life-saving HIV treatment to 43,000 people in Imo
- Bauchi govt.to spend N12 bn to build 2,500 houses in 2020–Official
- Farmer calls for establishment of livestock agency to boost beef, dairy production
- Putin condemns EU stance on Nazi-Soviet WWII pact as ‘shameless lie’
- U.S. aviation regulator not likely clear 737 MAX before end of 2019
- We are on track in improving Manchester United, Solskjaer says
- NiMet predicts sunny, hazy weather condictions for Thursday
- FG says tackling global health problems requires global disciplinary cooperation, expertise
- Makinde signs Oyo State Anti- Corruption Bill into law
- Yuletide: Sanwo-Olu’s wife urges Nigerians to be security conscious
- Defamation: Edo Ex-speaker demands N500m from APC chieftain
- Anthony Joshua to present world championship belts to Buhari soon
- NLNG signs sales deal with Vitol SA on Train 1, 2 and 3
- NOC sets up 4-man committee on AFN crisis
- Plateau Govt. repeals disability commission act, to enact new law
- HIV/AIDS: Kwara Dep. Gov. harps on regular medical check-up
- End your strike to allow for negotiation, NECA urges electricity workers
- Committee expresses determination to host successful Abuja 2020 Para-Powerlifting Championships
- LASG to convert Majidun Rehab Centre to psychiatric hospital – Commissioner
- Christmas: FRSC promises free flow of traffic on Kaduna highways
- LASTMA arrests 25 for driving against traffic
- 261 Ogun pilgrims depart for Jerusalem
- I will alleviate your suffering, Makinde assures pensioners
- Practitioners that violate CRFFN Act risk expulsion, says governing council
- Education, powerful tool for driving growth, human devt.–Oyebode
- Alleged pension scam: How Maina illegally acquired property in son’s name–EFCC witness
- YouTube updates harassment policy to ban implicit threats, insults
- HMD Global launches new devices to enhance creativity, excitement for users
- No ‘dark Christmas’: S African leader promises action over power cuts