Miyetti Allah Task Security Agencies, Govt. Against killing of members
Bauchi, April, 28, 2019 Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN) Bauchi state chapter has called on Security Agencies and Government to tackled the activities of outlawed group (NAME THE OUTLAWED GROUP) that randomly kills it’s members across the State.
Alhaji Sadiq Ahmed MACBAN secretary in the state made the call at the funeral of two of the latest victims of the extra-judicial killing in Bauchi on Sunday, urged the security agencies and the government to act fast and protect the people in the state.
He warned that, if the activities of the group is not tackled, it will get out of hand and will pose a great security threat in the state.
He raised an alarm over continued killing of Fulanis allegedly by a group carrying out extra-judicial killings in the state.
He said the group are popularly known as Yan Ba Beli which are being accused of allegedly apprehending and killing of persons across the state.
He said that, about 10 members of their association gave been killed at various locations within the last two weeks.
Ahmed disclosed that, the latest victims were the former chairman,Miyetti Allah Bauchi local government, Jafaru Shanka and Musa Mokawu both residents of Yolan Bayara, a community few kilometres from Bauchi metropolis.
The MACBAN Secretary informed that, the two people were allegedly abducted at the Palace of Yakubu Yola, the village Head after they were invited for a meeting.
He however said that, their corpses were later recovered in the bush with gunshot and Machete wounds.
According to him, the killings had been going on unabated in the state as two people were recently killed in Toro, two others in Ganjuwa while another was also abducted at Durum Market and later killed elsewhere and two other persons were also allegedly killed in Ningi local government area of the state.
He lamented that, despite the reports of atrocities being perpetrated by members of the group, no concrete action is being taken to bring their activities to an end.
According to him, members of the group operate as if there is no law as they came on Motorcycles to Markets and apprehend their victims which they later kill.
Ahmed expressed the desire of the Miyyeti Allah to cooperate with government and security agencies to maintain peace.
DSP Kamal Datti who is the state Police command spokesman said that he is not aware of the incidence.
Datti said there are reported cases of the activities of the Yan Ba Beli group and the police had been making arrests and many have been taken to Court for prosecution.
- Jega says improving integrity of elections critical to democratic growth
- Border closure: entrepreneur commends FG, urges Nigerians to look inward
- Minister tasks women on nation building
- World Diabetes Day: Association urges mothers to prepare natural foods for families
- Turkey qualify for Euro 2020 with draw against Iceland, France also secure spot
- 2 injured in Tejuosho Lagos fire — LASEMA
- CPAN says 2019 UTME marred by biometric, browser failure
- Efficient deployment of resources critical to universal health coverage – Don
- Why LASU is introducing 2-stream undergraduate programmes — VC
- Fellow officer defiled my daughter in barracks, policewoman tells court
- UHC: NIPSS wants Buhari to convene National Council of State meeting
- NGO calls for synergy on diabetes awareness
- Red Cross trains 30 surgeons on management of weapon wounded patients
- NPFL: Rangers pips Sunshine Stars 1-0 in Enugu
- World Diabetes Day: NGO provides free medicare to Abuja residents
- Agency signs MoU with bank to create access for loan for health maintenance
- NACCIMA president charges FG, states to patronise Innoson motors
- Pantami directs NCC to address issues of automatic voicemails on existing phonelines
- FG open to willing foreign investors in agribusiness – Perm Sec
- 4,000 Primary Health Centres have been revitalised in Nigeria – NPHCDA