A Nigeria News Agency correspondent touring the projects with the lawmakers reports that the committee members inspected many abandoned projects, including roads and bridges.
Other projects include, an orthopaedic centre, children and maternity hospital at Otuoke and a 14km market access road, the contract of which was awarded in 2016.
Also inspected were the 4km Bayelsa Palm-Otuoke Road project and the Afa Bridge, the contract of which was awarded in 2010, among other abandoned projects.
The member representing Ogbia Federal Constituency, Mr Fred Obua, who led the inspection team, told reporters that the inspection was necessary to ensure that the abandoning of projects was curtailed.
“Here we are in Bayelsa State. We have moved round and have seen the level of work and uncompleted projects. We gathered that most of the projects were uncompleted, due to financial difficulties.
“We are assuring the people that appropriate measures will be taken to bring the contractors back to site. For the erring contractors, we advise them to desist from abandoning contracts awarded to them,” Obua said.
One of the contractors, Mr Jeremiah Menidien, said he was ready to complete the work assigned to him, noting however, that some projects had been reasonably handled.
“Otuebum community sand filling has been done, while we await for fund for compensation of those that have houses along the road,” he stated.
“We are appealing to the Federal Government to come to fast-track action so that all the projects can be completed, especially the Akenfa Bridge,’’ he pleaded.
Edited By Adeboye Ajayi/Silas Nwoha
- Troops rescue 31 women, children from Boko Haram terrorists in Borno
- U.S. firms dominate global sales of military equipment, services – Report
- Wild weather in New Zealand leaves 1,000 tourists stranded
- Saudi Arabia pledges more humanitarian support to Nigeria
- APC wins all 16 Chairmanship seats in Ekiti council poll
- Wike approves enrolment of more pensioners on payroll
- AFN: Shehu-Gusau vows to unravel corrupt practices
- Yoruba leaders want govt. to tackle unemployment
- Ekiti poll: Fayemi tasks police on killing
- Kwara lawmaker commends Lai Mohammed for uniting Igbomina people
- NPFL: Abia’s haul gives Sunshine maximum three points
- Osun United FC 0-3 loss to 3SC, a lesson- Omokaro
- Ibadan chief seeks investment in sports, donates $3,000 to 3SC
- Ganduje restates commitment to human rights protection
- Lack of labour-saving technology affecting women farmers’ health –SWOFON
- Nigeria qualifies for 2020 World Ultra Runners Championship
- CAF Cup: Enyimba defeats FC San Pedro, Morocco 1-0 to move to second position in Group B
- Get something doing, don’t be fulll time housewives, NGO tells women
- IPPIS: ASUU South East insists it will erode university autonomy
- Babcock varsity cardiac centre performs 300 open heart surgeries — VC
- NiMet predicts hazy, thundery weather conditions on Monday
- Air traffic engineers wants FG to invest more on cyber security
- Lagos Assembly will not repeal ex-govs’ pension law — Spokesperson
- PDP sweeps Adamawa LG election
- Empowering women means mobilising society for economic dev’t, says IHVN official
- Allow judiciary to operate freely, Archbishop Martins urges President Buhari
- Anglican communion bans brochure, `asoebi’ uniform during burials
- Nasarawa Govt. spends over N240m monthly to subsidise health services at specialist hospital- CMD
- ASUU in South East rejects IPPIS, says it will erode university autonomy
- Buhari pays tribute to Sarkin Malamai Gombe, Wabili
- Ex-FG Staff Housing Loan Board boss urges public servants to shun disruption
- Dabiri-Erewa hails Anthony Joshua’s boxing victory
- Bayelsa guber: Accept defeat, stop heating up polity, APC advises Gov. Dickson
- Thanksgiving: Cleric urges politicians to shun greed
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna
- Jos consumers urge Plateau Govt. to check re-bagging of local rice
- Association urges SSCOE management to address viral hate speech by lecturer
- Akeredolu appoints three new aides
- Illegal operation: Lagos Govt. seals 24 pharmacies, patent medicine stores
- Association appeals to Enugu govt. for regular payment of pension, gratuity of teachers
- 2020 budget: Reps minority caucus promises to monitor implementation
- Cassava production: Scientists meet in Tanzania to review progress
- Don calls for service to Allah, as OAU MSSN inaugurates new executives
- FGGC Yola old girls pass vote of confidence on Saromi
- NAF partners US DOD to enhance medical, casualty evacuation capabilities
- 19-year-old Yahoo boy sets girlfriend ablaze over lover
- Foundation distributes 400 footwears to vulnerable children in Kaduna.
- Presidency dismisses insinuations over Sowore’s arrest, says Nigerians deserve peace
- Lagos Govt to launch App on annual cultural events
- Osinbajo to speak at UAE peace forum