By Igbaugba Ehigimetor
Benin, Feb. 13, 2018 (NNN) A member of the House of Representatives, Mr Ehiozuwa Agbonnayima, on Wednesday said that any society desiring speedy development must invest in information and communication technology.
The lawmaker said this at the inauguration of an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Centre he built for the Western Boys High School in Ikpoba-Okha Local Government Area of the state.
Agbonnayima, an old Boy of the school, said he built the ICT centre to enable the students be in tandem with modern computer skills and technology.
He said it was a privilege to have been able to provide his alma-mater with such state-of-the art ICT centre.
The lawmaker expressed optimism that his gesture would make the students of the school stay focused in their quest for technological advancement through training and entrepreneurial skills acquisition.
He said his dream was for students in his constituency to be exposed and introduced to modern technology at the early stage of their academic pursuit.
“Modern technology has improved our lives because it is an alternative for all difficult tasks.
“As in other developed countries, students and youths of my constituency must at an early stage in their academic pursuit be exposed and introduced to modern technology.
“With what we have in this centre, we will be building network of entrepreneurs in the ICT world.”
The Principal of the school, Mr Amenze Efe, thanked the lawmaker for the gift, saying that the senior students of the institution had begun making use of the centre.
He expressed optimism that henceforth, senior students of the school would perform much better in their JAMB Computer Based Test after training at the centre.
Edited by Kevin Okunzuwa/Dada Ahmed
- Angola extends deadline for bids for international mining tender
- Gas flaring: Reps c’ttees to investigate impact, ensure compliance of laws
- Turbulence for France’s Macron: hospitals strike, students protest
- Senate to carry out investigative hearing on child trafficking
- We lost over 300 hectares of rice farm to flood in Delta – Farmer
- Czech Republic to summon Russian ambassador over NGO classification
- Gov. Buni presents N108bn budget for 2020
- UNICEF/HiLWA advocates girl-child education in northern Nigeria
- NASC takes seed awareness campaign to secondary schools
- Scavenger bags 3 years’ imprisonment for stealing N9m cables
- 4th Industrial Revolution: Stakeholders list strategies to raise Nigeria’s potential
- Why we are interested in Bayelsa election – US
- Senate stands down bill on inauguration of NASS
- Aluminium fabricator docked for allegedly defrauding client of N964,000
- 3 sentenced to death for kidnapping traditional ruler, killing palace guard
- Another Dickson’s aide resigns
- Reps. make case for Osun aquaculture centre
- Court admits witness statement in trial of Atiku’s son-in-law, Babalele
- Edo Assembly confirms Chief Judge designate
- 17 black rhinos relocated from South Africa to Malawi