Association of Resident Doctors (ARD), Federal Medical Centre, Jabi, Abuja has condemned an assault on one of its members while on call on Saturday.
The Association in a statement signed by its President, Dr Adejo Arome and made available to the Nigeria News Agency on Sunday in Abuja, threatened to take necessary action if security agencies did not prosecute the perpetrators.
Arome said that the assault was committed on Saturday when the doctor on call was discharging his duty.
According to him, the doctor on duty was attending to a female patient to set a line for drip when his attention was withdrawn to attend to a child who was in more critical condition at the pediatric ward.
He said that the doctor had explained to the patient’s husband that he had to leave to attend to a child whose case was more critical since his wife was stable.
”When the doctor returned from attending to the child to set the line for female patient he saw a strange doctor trying to set the line for the patient.
”And when he enquired where the doctor came from, the patient husband started beating the doctor and assaulting him.
”The hospital called the police from Lugbe police station and the perpetrators were arrested, but unfortunately, the authorities due to unknown reason released the perpetrators and asked them to return on Monday.
Edited Mustapha Sumaila and Isaac Ukpoju
Watch Live News
Make A Comment
- COVID-19: NCDC confirms 5 new cases in Nigeria
- COVID-19: FCTA begins decontamination of Abuja
- COVID-19: PDP tasks NASS on proposed N500bn intervention fund
- NNPC repairs vandalised pipeline at Mosan, Ipaja Lagos – LASEMA
- KDSG to prosecute anyone caught diverting food for vulnerable people – Commissioner
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Update on the Covid-19 Outbreak in Uganda
- Kaduna food distribution: Poor people not getting items – Coalition
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: Notification on Situational COVID 19 Update
- COVID-19: Oyo govt to fumigate markets in the state
- Coronavirus – Kenya: Kenyatta University Teaching and Referral Hospital becomes COVID-19 facility
- Coronavirus – South Africa: President Cyril Ramaphosa assesses progress and challenges on implementation of Coronavirus COVID-19 lockdown
- Coronavirus lockdown: LASG to punish officials undermining welfare programme
- Buhari condoles with Kano community over demise of 2 prominent citizens
- COVID-19 Lockdown: Lagos offers free treatment for maternity, emergency patients
- Singapore reports 75 new coronavirus cases
- COVID-19: Gynaecologist calls for sustained antenatal, maternal care for pregnant women
- COVID-19: Bangladesh extends public transport shutdown to April 11 to contain spread
- COVID-19: Yobe Govt says suspected case negative
- Oshiomhole @ 68: APC Governors laud party chairman’s commitment to national unity
- BNSG accuses Uji, former Teachers service board boss, of financial impropriety