The Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC) in Osun on Saturday said that seven persons died in a road accident on Osogbo-Ikirun Road, with only one survivor.
The Sector Commander, Mr Peter Oke, made this known in an interview with Nigeria News Agency in Osogbo.
“The accident involved an articulated Vehicle and a mini-bus with eight passengers which occured on Osogbo-Ikirun Road in which only one person survived.
“Five male and two female, who are traveling in a Mistubishi (Space Wagon) lost their lives, while a female survived with injuries.
“A truck (Mark) with Registration No. FST597XY and a Mistubishi Space Wagon with Registration No. JJJ59CJ collided in the accident.
“All the corpses and the only survivor have been taken to Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH) Teaching Hospital in Osogbo,” he said.
The sector commander noted that the accident was as a result of speeding without road consciousness.
Oke, however, enjoined motorists to steer clear of anything capable of causing road accidents adding that the command would not spare anyone who went against road traffic regulations.
Edited by Chidi Opara/Donald Ugwu
- Osinbajo harps on culture, tourism in new world order
- Customs boss seeks separate budget for staff college
- ICT bedrock of any sub specialty, says Kebbi first lady
- NIDCOM condemns attack on Amaechi in Spain
- Kubwa Traffic: FCTA task team to close Gwarinpa U-turn
- Ahead of institute’s convocation, alumni call for improved attention to tourism
- Gov. Sule sets up committee on implementation of minimum wage
- Onu advocates inclusion of innovation in educational curriculum
- Tunisia foils illegal immigration attempt
- FG reaffirms commitment to establishing National Policy on Nanotechnology
- FCCPC to enforce passenger insurance on fleet operators
- Gov. Obaseki signs N179.2bn Appropriation Bill for Edo
- Nigerian Customs not afraid to take bold decisions
- TETFund retrieves N10bn from non-performing institutions
- Budget: We’re poised to exercise our constitutional mandate–Zamfara Speaker
- Police deploy new CP to Adamawa for LG Election
- Buratai tasks officers on improvement on current successes
- Agency begins taxpayer engagement to enhance revenue collection – Chairman
- Boko Haram abducts 18 in Cameroon’s Far North region
- Emir seeks abolition of GRA in llorin
- Apapa 72 hours road closure: FG seeks understanding for construction works
- EFCC nabs 4 suspects over alleged fraudulent business in Sokoto, Kebbi states
- Gov. Sule, Al-Makura deny friction over alleged inherited debts
- 40 youths receive N7.5m grant from IITA, AfricaRice project
- Zambia says plans to re-launch national airline active
- NSE moves 197.04m shares worth N3.53bn in bearish trading
- Yuletide: FRSC warns drivers against overloading, speeding in Sokoto
- Kwara Customs Command takes anti-smuggling campaign to border communities
- FCT minister lauds sharia court for being responsive
- AOT Lagos 1.0: Tech entrepreneurs advise startups on business sustainability
- Mental wellbeing is an inalienable right of every Nigerian – NGO
- NAF trains 3,629 personnel to meet Nigeria’s dynamic security challenges
- Lawyers call for abrogation of laws granting ex-governors pension
- Erosion prevention: Stakeholders seek national soil policy
- NIMASA’ll collaborate with other agencies to drive the transport sector – Peterside
- Train: Commuters laud FG’s investment, urge sustenance
- Port Harcourt varsity ASUU wants closed secretariat reopened
- 124 bag first class as OAU graduates 7,209
- 14 killed in rebel attack in Congo
- Shell pledges to implement NOSDRA’s directive on N2.74 remediation of spill site
- 8 die and 80,000 displace in Uganda flooding and landslides
- Gov. Buni swears-in 20 commissioners, special advisers
- Nigeria records slight reduction in corruption prevalence in 2019′ — NBS
- NIMASA boss advises transport institute on transformation of sector
- FG committed to establishment of ECOWAS Central Bank–Finance minister
- El-Rufai urges patronage of army’s defence hardware
- Traffic law enforcement: LASTMA set to track violators with mobile device
- Rape : 6 Lagelu Grammar School students denied bail
- NCCE boss, varsity VC bag 2019 campus safety leadership impact award
- $2.2trn global economy lost to illicit trade –Analyst