Robbery: Gun shots causes pandemonium in Manchok, as residents, electoral officials run for safety
Barely few hours to Governorship and State Assembly elections, gun shots from a robbery attack on Friday, in Manchok, Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State, sent residents and electoral officials running in all direction for safety.
A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria who was at the scene reports that the armed robbers stormed the kiosk of a money transfer agent around 9:30 pm., shooting sporadically in the air.
As the sound of the gun shots rattled the air, pandemonium set in with residents running in all directions for safety.
Electoral officials assigned to Manchok Residential Area, who were sorting electoral materials for various Polling Units close to the scene for Saturday’s election, also ran for safety leaving the electoral materials behind.
The officials, however, returned after the the robbers had finished their operation along with security personnel and party agents and continued sorting the materials.
An eye witness, Mukaila Danjuma, said: “Three men suddenly appeared from nowhere, two of them with guns and started shooting in the air.
“One of them came straight to the kiosk and snatched the bag containing all the money generated from various transactions in the day.”
“They did not take anything apart from the bag and left immediately, still shooting in the air to scare people off.
“This is the second time I was robbed. The first time they came I have already closed for the day but they proceeded straight to my house and took about N5 million.
“I have not even finished repaying my bank and now this,” he lamented.
- Spotlight: Mask-wearing remains controversial in U.S. as COVID-19 death toll exceeds 100,000
- Mexico reports 3,377 new COVID-19 cases, 447 more deaths
- Visitors visit Panda Pavilion of Zoo Berlin in Germany
- S.Korea reports 58 more COVID-19 cases, 11,402 in total
- IOM deplores killing of 30 trafficked migrants in Libya
- Nigerian president orders military operations against gang attacks
- 2020 Boston Marathon canceled, to be held virtually
- Hong Kong’s prosperity, stability brook no disruption: spokesperson
- Commentary: China’s Civil Code a landmark law to protect people’s rights
- Baccalaureate students resume classes in Tunis, Tunisia
- Pakistan to establish national cell against rising locust threat: minister
- NCDC confirms 182 new cases of COVID-19, total active cases now hits 6064
- Romania to allow outdoor sports events from June 1
- Abduction: NAWOJ wants immediate release of NTA female reporter, Chinyere Okoye
- Farmers harvest wheat in the countryside of Sale, Morocco
- Brazilian president signs financial aid bill for states, cities
- U.S. president signs executive order targeting social media companies
- Israeli children play in wheat field ahead of Jewish holiday of Shavuot
- Palliative: Kano Govt begins second phase distribution of food items
- People visit traditional lantern festival in Seoul, S. Korea