Robbery: Gun shots causes pandemonium in Manchok, as residents, electoral officials run for safety
Barely few hours to Governorship and State Assembly elections, gun shots from a robbery attack on Friday, in Manchok, Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State, sent residents and electoral officials running in all direction for safety.
A correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria who was at the scene reports that the armed robbers stormed the kiosk of a money transfer agent around 9:30 pm., shooting sporadically in the air.
As the sound of the gun shots rattled the air, pandemonium set in with residents running in all directions for safety.
Electoral officials assigned to Manchok Residential Area, who were sorting electoral materials for various Polling Units close to the scene for Saturday’s election, also ran for safety leaving the electoral materials behind.
The officials, however, returned after the the robbers had finished their operation along with security personnel and party agents and continued sorting the materials.
An eye witness, Mukaila Danjuma, said: “Three men suddenly appeared from nowhere, two of them with guns and started shooting in the air.
“One of them came straight to the kiosk and snatched the bag containing all the money generated from various transactions in the day.”
The owner of the kiosk, Balarabe Danjuma, told NNN that the bag contained about N3.5 million.
“They did not take anything apart from the bag and left immediately, still shooting in the air to scare people off.
“This is the second time I was robbed. The first time they came I have already closed for the day but they proceeded straight to my house and took about N5 million.
“I have not even finished repaying my bank and now this,” he lamented.
- Bayelsa Poll: NGO decries tense political atmosphere, sues for restraint
- Adamawa government sacks polytechnic staff
- Bishop commends Gov. El-Rufai for stopping demolition of 110-year-old Church
- Trump open to deal with democrats over Obama’s DACA programme
- Minister tasks Defence Attachés on new security challenges
- 25th Anniversary: Sweet Sensation will improve on ‘Feeding the Hungry’ programme, says MD
- NYSC appeals to Kano State Govt over dilapidated orientation camp road
- Police Commission deploys 45 monitors for Kogi, Bayelsa elections
- Russia, Somalia recommit to jointly combating terrorism – Foreign ministry
- Gombe assembly impeaches deputy speaker
- CONMESS: COOUTH doctors have no need to embark on strike — Anambra Govt
- Fire guts a section of Niger Government House
- Ogun : Road traffic crashes claim 301 lives in 10 months – FRSC
- Rivers: Youth Leader wants probe of 28 NDDC contracts abandoned in Andoni LGA
- Regular training remains critical to Nigerian Army’s constitutional role–Buratai
- Senate appeals to FG to ban importation of textile for 5 years
- Expert cautions women on choice of Brassiers
- Man, 34, jailed six months in Osun for theft, assault
- Reps call for policies to facilitate investments in gold mining
- NGO tasks communities on intercultural, interreligious harmony