During the match in Porto, two Video Assistant Referee (VAR) decisions went against the Serie A side in the final minutes.
FC Porto were awarded a penalty kick late in extra time following a VAR review.
Alex Telles converted it to give them a 3-1 win on the night in the round of 16 second leg tie and push them through 4-3 on aggregate.
Shortly afterwards, AS Roma forward Patrik Schick went down under a challenge from Moussa Marega in the FC Porto area.
But the referee, who consulted the video assistant and did not review the incident himself, waved play on.
“Last year we asked for VAR in the UEFA Champions League because we got screwed in the semi-final and tonight, they’ve got VAR and we still get robbed,” Pallotta posted on the club’s official Twitter feed.
“Patrik Schick was clearly clipped in the box, VAR shows it, and nothing is given. I’m tired of this crap. I give up.”
UEFA, the European football governing body, could not immediately be reached for comment.
There was no immediate comment from AS Roma on the future of coach Eusebio Di Francesco, who was already under pressure after a 3-0 derby defeat to Lazio on Saturday.
Di Francesco did not speak to the media after the game, instead going straight to the team bus.
- Govt. officials conniving with pipeline vandals must be sanctioned,prosecuted-Lawan
- Obaseki confident of a second term, hinges faith on reforms, policies
- FG to go tough on miners engaging in sharp practices
- Bassa traditional rulers commend army over successes
- CAN President preaches tolerance, mutual respect for national cohesion
- Gov. Yahaya Bello’s re-election will change the fortunes of Kogi— FCT Minister
- Ihedioha commiserates with Imo Muslims over Chief Imam’s death
- OAuGF begins training of staff to improve auditing service delivery in MDAs
- Kogi Election: I-G says Police will be professional
- Dana Air flew 2.7m passengers in 11 years – Official
- 33,686 traffic offenders penalised in Ogun this year — FRSC
- Anglican Primate urges Nigeria to remain hopeful
- Kyari tasks NNPC Retail Ltd on unadulterated products
- Oyo govt. to procure communication equipment worth N178.7m for security agencies
- Ministry pledges to partner with e-waste producers
- Akande, a man of principle, integrity – Lai Mohammed
- Insurgency: Nigerian Army seeks support from NEDC
- Lawmaker tasks information officers on efficiency, professionalism
- Border Closure: FG inaugurates NFAN executives to boost fish production
- Group awards N1m scholarships to 10 Nekede Poly students