The Rotary Club, Abeokuta, District 9110, has distributed food packages to Akinale community in Ewekoro Local Government, Ogun State, to cushion the effect of the lockdown order.
The royal father of the community, Oba Olufemi Ogunleye said this in a statement made available to newsmen on Saturday.
Ogunleye said the packages contained foodstuffs and beverages which were aimed at relieving the people of hardship during the lockdown occasioned by COVID-19 pandemic.
According to him, the people are made to observe physical distancing while the packages are being distributed.
He, however, expressed gratitude to the club for its continued humanitarian services which had quickened the transformation of the rural community into an urban society.
“We appreciate the kind gesture extended to us at this critical period, likewise every other form of generosity extended toward the community in the past.
“We remain proud of this club and will continue to be,” he said.
The monarch said Akinale had benefited from several humanitarian services rendered by the club in the past 11 years, especially in the area of socio-economic development programmes.
He said that the club had donated books, uniforms and school sandals to primary school in the community.
The monarch also said that vocational training and soft loan had been provided to empower the youth and women in the community.
The Pesident of the Club, Mr Abiodun Amusan said it was a challenge to relieve the community of any hardship during the pandemic since it had been a great partner of progress to Akinale community.
Amusan advised the people of the community to adhere strictly to the hygiene protocol to prevent the spread of the ravaging COVID-19 pandemic.
Edited By: Chinyere Bassey/Donald Ugwu (NAN)
- COVID-19: Commission refunds 2020 Hajj intending pilgrims in Adamawa
- Edo 2020: Crowds at rallies thrill Shaibu
- Board decries increase in maternal, newborn mortality in Plateau
- FG will prosecute destroyers of Akanu Ibiam Int’l Airport fence – Minister
- IPAC dissolves interim committee, fixes Sept. 5 for election
- NiMet predicts cloudy, thundery activities Friday to Sunday
- Nigeria’s low COVID-19 cases due to low sample collection — NCDC
- Members pass vote of confidence in ALGON president, Kolade Alabi
- Osinbajo advocates purpose-built software for virtual court proceedings
- Oyo govt. to spend N5.5bn to remodel Salami Stadium