A sailor from the Russian Black Sea Fleet has been detained on suspicion of leaking state secrets to the Ukrainian military intelligence service, the Russian Federal Security Service (FSB) said Thursday.
The suspect is being held in the Crimean city of Sevastopol and faces a criminal case on the grounds of high treason, the FSB said in a statement.
A court has ruled that the sailor be kept in custody while an investigation is underway, the FSB added.
- Andreescu will not defend United States Open title
- Serena beats Venus to reach Lexington quarter-finals
- Gov. Umahi rejects Ebonyi’s transfer to Police Zone 13 Division
- UN Chief welcomes Israel, UAE peace agreement
- Caretaker committee promises better times for Anambra football stakeholders, unveils new FA secretariat
- NAPHER-SD identifies loopholes in sports industry policy draft, calls for review
- COVID-19: PTF working with partners to implement comprehensive response to virus
- How I survived COVID-19 — Foreign Affairs Minister
- Leipzig stun Atletico Madrid to reach Champions League last four
- Workshop identifies harmful impacts of Global Gag Rule on developing nations