Russia recorded 6,718 new COVID-19 cases in the past 24 hours, taking its total to 667,883, the country’s coronavirus response center said in a statement on Friday.
The centre stared that “the death toll rose by 176 to 9,859, while 437,893 people have recovered, including 8,915 over the last 24 hours.”
Moscow, the country’s worst-hit region, reported 659 newly confirmed cases, taking its tally of infections to 223,530.
“On Thursday, 284,158 people were still under medical observation, while over 20.4 million virus tests have been conducted nationwide,’’ Russia’s consumer rights and human well-being watchdog said in a separate statement.
Edited By: Abiodun Oluleye/Hadiza Mohammed-Aliyu (NAN)
- Shooting prompts Trump’s evacuation from White House briefing room
- Collection of forms for 774,000 Special Public Works commences in Rivers
- Lawmaker commends Buhari, Diri over Oloibiri Museum, appeals for befitting access road
- Pay 4 years pension arrears, gratuities, pensioners beg Wike
- Police arrest 27 armed robbery, Kidnapping suspects in Nasarawa
- Wike seeks Assembly’s approval for N18bn loan
- COVID-19: FG directs civil servants on levels 12, 13 to resume work
- Obaseki seeks traditional ruler’s blessing ahead of Sept. 19 election
- Kano Govt establishes 3 more schools for Almajiri children
- United States decries Russia’s decree targeting VOA, others