Chima, who resides at No. 7, Durosinmi St., Idiagbon, Lagos, is standing trial before Magistrate I.A. Abina on a two-count charge of stealing and breach of peace, to which he pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecutor, Sgt. Ishola Samuel, alleged that the defendant committed the offences between 2017 and April 2018 at No. 25, Adekoya St., Ifako-Ijaye, Lagos.
Samuel said that Chima delivered some goods to customers but failed to remit the proceeds into the company’s account.
“Chima collected some goods to supply to customers but converted the money to his personal use.
“He also used the company’s tricycle to damage one Toyota Highlander Jeep which caused the company expenses worth N200, 000.00,” Samuel said.
The prosecutor said that when reconciliation was conducted, it was discovered that N80, 125 worth of goods sold could not be accounted for.
“When he was questioned, the defendant confessed to have converted the money to his own use.
The defendant was arrested by the police.
The offence contravened Sections 287 and 168 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Section 287 prescribes three years imprisonment for stealing.
Mrs Abina admitted the defendant to bail in the sum of N200, 000 with two sureties in like sum.
The Magistrate also ordered that the sureties should be gainfully employed and show evidence of two years tax payments to the Lagos State Government.
She adjourned the case until May 31, for mention.
(Edited by Idonije Obakhedo)
- Burundian Ambassador calls for proper funding of science innovation
- Ghanaian Parliamentarian says Nigeria closure of border affects trade
- NiMet predicts sunny, thundery activities for Saturday
- Nigeria, S’Africa mull MoU on assets recovery -Magu
- I’m not going to attempt 3rd term, says Buhari
- Army: Over 1,000 persons benefit from free medical care in Ibadan
- VC’s not against IPPIS: Prof. Kimbir
- EFCC uncovers alleged fraud of N5bn from Kwara revenue fund
- Zamfara Assembly reaffirms suspension of Shinkafi LG chairman
- Researchers find 1,000 yr old Viking-era ship in western Norway
- Police in Benue discover 3 family members dead in a room
- Iranian cleric says protest leaders deserve death sentence
- South African Airways inks deal to end eight-day strike
- WHO: Inactivity puts health of adolescents worldwide at risk
- Niger governor’s aide trains journalists on digital media
- Navy decorates 16 new Rear Admirals
- NAN acting MD, other management staff in Lafia for 2-day retreat
- FG lauds capacity to tackle public health threats
- Traders count losses over Oyingbo market closure
- SEC reviewing NSE demutualisation application, assures transparent process
- Experts say green policies, legal routes needed for climate refugees
- Osinbajo receives Oduduwa University founder at Aso Villa
- Sokoto Judgement: APC heads to Supreme Court
- Drug situation in Nigeria, public health crisis — Health Minister
- NSE All-Share Index rises by 0.44%
- Healthcare delivery: Gov. Bagudu seeks better physicians, policy makers’ synergy
- Zamfara killings: Gov. Matawalle cancels planned trip to Germany
- 265 Enugu residents benefit from Nigerian Army medical outreach
- 2020 Olympics Qualifiers: D’Tigress lands in Pot 3
- Dubai urges African countries to rejig customs service
- Court to rule on Faisal Maina’s bail application Nov. 29
- 6 migrants found dead on Libyan shoreline, UN agency says
- Trump says ‘I want a trial,’ brushes off worries on impeachment
- Expert calls for establishment of specialised bank for healthcare industry
- 18 ships arrive Lagos ports, discharge petroleum products, food items
- NIPR inducts Delta Commissioner, 144 others as members in Asaba
- Court again adjourns arraignment of 57 for alleged Homosexuality
- Market liquidity: SEC engages PENCOM, AMCON on Securities Lending
- Appeal Court Judgment: Tambuwal dedicates victory to God
- College drags ex-student to court over alleged defamation
- Pope says technology, globalisation endanger youth individuality
- Army war college graduates 66 officers in course 3
- Entire world waiting on Africa for creative tourism – tourism development expert
- Reps C’ttee lauds Adebayo
- Anambra FRSC begins night patrol, arrests 15 trucks for alleged overloading
- Anambra: FRSC commences night patrol, arrests 15 trucks, buses for overloading, extra light
- Yuletide: Fashola tasks stakeholders, housing controllers on results
- Prompt response from Navy Fire Unit saves lives, properties
- FRSC tightens noose on corrupt personnel
- Kogi election: Coalition urges INEC to create more polling units