A 23-year-old saleswoman, Nifemi Ogunmola, on Monday appeared in an Ado-Ekiti Magistrates’ Court for allegedly stealing four mobile phones and N18,000 at the Fayose market in Ado-Ekiti.
The police charged Ogunmola, whose address was not given, with theft.
The police prosecutor, Insp Monica Ikebuilo, told the court that the accused committed the offence on Feb. 18 at 8.30 a.m. at shop No M18 at the Fayose market in Ado-Ekiti.
She alleged that the accused stole two Infinix Hot 6 phones valued at N78,000, one itel P12 valued at N27,000, one itel 2171 valued at N3,500 and N18,000 .
Ikebuilo said that the estimated total value of the items and cash allegedly stolen was N126,500 belonging to Mrs Bolanle Akinwumi.
The prosecutor said that the accused, a saleswoman in a phone shop, sold four cell phones to a customer, who deceived her, claiming to have made payment through internet transfer .
She said the offence contravened the provisions of Section 390 of the Criminal Code, Laws of Ekiti State, 2012.
The defendant pleaded not guilty to theft.
Counsel to the accused , Mr Bayo Idowu, urged the court to grant his client bail and promised that the accused would not jump bail.
The Magistrate, Mrs Omolola Akosile, admitted the accused to bail in the sum of N50,000 with two sureties in like sum.
Akosile adjourned the case until June 20 for hearing.
- Eid-el-Maulud: MURIC urges youth to embrace FG’s SIP
- Verdict: Oyo APC lauds Appellate Court, urges calm
- Rotaract Club donates hospital items to Ojodu Lagos PHC
- Niger Govt. reinvigorates school sports to engage youths meaningfully
- Edo Govt. to provide 100,000 hectares of land for oil palm investors
- MSD campaign: Obiano warns immunisation workers against collection of tips
- 2019 AFRIFF: Tanzania Film Board woos Africa movie investors
- Igbo youths celebrate Mamman Daura at 80, felicitate with Muslims on Eid-el-Maulud
- 60% of drugs imported to be manufactured locally – NAFDAC
- Buhari greets ex-Anambra Gov. Virgy Etiaba at 77
- 2019 AFRIFF: Namibia Film Commission seeks collaboration with Nigerian filmmakers
- Delta guber: Appeal Court reserves judgment in Ogboru’ suit
- Court reserves judgment in appeal against Ihedioha’s election
- Edo Special Marshals strategise for optimal efficiency during Yuletide
- Lam Adesina: 120 students benefit N1.2m bursary award
- Imbibe spirit of love, patience, equity, lawmaker advises Muslims
- NAFDAC calls for stiffer punishment for drug traffickers
- Expert urges govt. to fund artificial intelligence research to boost ICT
- Appeal Court judgment: Oyo people’s mandate remains intact – Makinde
- NYSC DG expresses concern over dress code controversy